EMG solder less installation advice

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Markedman

Boogie Supporter
Reaction score
I recently bought EMG P81/85 pick-ups that came with the solder less connections. Easy install, only one problem. When I plugged the guitar in, the volume pots were scratchy so I checked, double checked, tried different set ups, but I still had scratchy volume pots. I had a couple of the guys I was jamming with double check, I thought maybe when I put the knobs on I broke the volume pots. When I got up this morning, I reversed the plug in for the 9 volt battery and everything works fine. The connections are clearly written and marked on the pieces, but sometimes you just have to try everything before taking stuff back to the store. I let EMG know, with pictures and sound bites included to show them clearly what is going on.

Where the pickups go into the motherboard, they have the arrow side against the inside wall of the socket. It looks backwards, but it's the way it is supposed to go. The arrow is always positive and the plus/minus marks on the board show the correct positions.

Latest posts

Back