NGD-or is it a Bass? Ibenez SRC6

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bandit2013

Boogie Supporter
Reaction score
I got a great deal on an Ibenez SRC6 which is a short scale 6 string bass, probably better described as a crossover bass. I had a longing for a bass that did not feel foreign to me. This bass is sweet. I was at world music in Nashville yesterday. was hoping to try out a Mark V 25 but they sell them as soon as they come in. Played though a few amps with any selection of guitar. Asked if they had any 6 string bass guitars.... Clerk pulled one out of the back since it was not out for display. Instantly fell in love with it. What is awesome, tuned like a standard 6 string guitar but an octave lower. Tried it out with a Mesa Boogie bass amp, then moved to a Mark V head (clerk said will work with any amp), yep, sounded great thought the Mark V. Can't wait to get home and plug into the Roadster with the EV412 cab. :D

It sounds okay, but it is a bass. The low end is not well defined though a guitar amp as expected. The next best thing was to get a bass amp, so I did. Bought a Fender combo amp which works well for my use. Sure, a Mesa Boogie amp would be preferred but will see how far I take it before I get more expensive equipment. So far having fun exploring a different instrument.

Back