NGD Godin Redline III (With BKP Juggernaut Set)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YellowJacket

Reaction score
:twisted:

This is my first new electric guitar in more than TEN YEARS!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!!!!

After really only playing single cut / mahogany short scale electrics, I decided to take the plunge and buy something a little more ill tempered. Since I have a family I can't be dropping 3k+ on guitars anymore so I decided to make a budget battle axe. I got a Godin Redline III used in excellent condition off of the buy and sell for less than 50% retail and I upgraded the pickups, electronics, and pickup rings. The thing is an absolutely beast and has been my favourite axe to play for awhile now.

BROOTAL!!!

I'm still getting used to the 25.5 scale and I have not had a chance to get some minor action adjustments performed but that should get done soon. (Lowered nut / neck adjustment) Overall, it's a great musical guitar with a fantastic core tone and a fast action, features which are greatly enhanced by the phenomenal pickups in the guitar. The stock EMGs made for a solid metal instrument - good cleans with a tight and aggressive rhythm tone - but the upgrade makes this thing sound like it's far greater than its pedigree.

As for the juggernauts, they're fantastic and versatile pickups with an overall dark and low mid focused voice. The cleans are huge and phat, the lead tone / feel is exceptional, and the rhythm tone is tight, thick, clear, and articulate, with piles of string separation. (Don't be fooled by the artist whom they were designed for, they can get into territory miles away from that sound / style and that is a good thing)

They're exceptional in a brighter, superstrat style guitar but I'd leave them out of a dark instrument.

Latest posts

Back