Screaming Demon Pickup

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ricky

Reaction score
Anybody using a Seymour Duncan Screaming Demon pickup in a Les Paul. Need advice on how to tame the trebly sound it produces in my Les Paul Custom.

Ricky said:
Anybody using a Seymour Duncan Screaming Demon pickup in a Les Paul. Need advice on how to tame the trebly sound it produces in my Les Paul Custom.

That's the nature of the beast IMO. I'd swap it for something else. Like a PAF type, lower on output that the misleading name implies with more hi end. Just my 2 cents. I'm partial to SD Custom 5's or even JB's for more output. Personally I like the A5 mag pu's in LP and LP type guitars.

I put one in the neck of my carvin califonia carve top with a gibson iommi in the bridge. I kept the three way but removed the push pull split and disconnected the tone pot. Straightforward but killer tones! I love it for everything from funk to metal. Try it in the neck with something else a bit warmer in the bridge, I think you will be very impressed.

Late to the party but... a lower value volume pot will tame a lot of the high end. If you have a 500k pot, try a 300k or 250k on the Demon.

Latest posts

Back