Turning a Floyd Rose into... NOT a floyd rose?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kyldh

Reaction score
Here's the deal, and I know the BEST answer to my situation is to say "Get a different guitar" but I just want to know what's out there.

I got an Ibanez RG470 from a buddy of mine for $50. I love the way it plays and can't beat the price. I've never liked Floyd Roses though... at all. The guitar actually used to be mine about 13 years ago so I feel like I've been reunited with an old friend. :lol:

I remember seeing the Tremol-No in the past, so I got one of those already. That'll solve my problem with disliking how the whole guitar goes out of tune if I break a string (not cool during a live set)

Next minor issue though... is there any easy way to mod a Floyd Rose so I'm able to string it like a regular Tremolo without having the cut the balls off the end of the strings? Not the end of the world if not. I just wanted to see what was out there.

Again... I know it might be weird to put all this effort into turning this guitar into something that it's not, but I really like it otherwise so I figured I might as well look into it.

The Tremol-No solves my main issue. Not having to cut the balls off my strings would just be an additional small convenience.

Simply put the string in the tuner hole other way around, put the end without the ball into the Floyd, when your cut off the excess string you also cut off the ball end :)

Jackie said:
Simply put the string in the tuner hole other way around, put the end without the ball into the Floyd, when your cut off the excess string you also cut off the ball end :)

I have no idea why I never thought of this! :shock:

Back