Favorite PRS Artists?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lespaulguy32

Reaction score
Well, you tell me! For me, Tim Mahoney and Mike Einziger, definitely. Lovely tones coming from the Boogie/PRS combo from these two. I will definitely HAVE to get one. I need a jar and some coins... :?

I also enjoy Incubus/Mike Einziger - not sure what he uses now but I believe he used to use Mesa Express series amps (I could be wrong!). I used to be obsessed with PRS - spent a lot of coin on a Custom 22, special ordered from the factory with all the works (10 top, birds, rosewood neck, etc.) - one day I was in walmart...oops I mean guitar center :lol: and decided to play a Gibson LP traditional plus and wow, sold my PRS very quickly to fund one. I love the 57 pups on the traditionals, so much so that I ended up buying two of them - and now I couldn't be happier with my Royal Atlantic and LP combination - tone for days! :D I will say, you won't find a better made guitar than a PRS, they are truly a work of art (they just don't have that LP tone...)

Clint Lowrey and Mark Tremonti are two that immediately come to mind (I like both of their siggy guitars as well), but there are a ton of others that are amazing.

-AJH

lesterpaul said:
usually, no one makes me drool for a particular guitar, but DAVID GRISSOM comes close
also, check out NICKY MOROCH...tone to the bone/tasty studio cat
+1 on Grissom, definitely one of my favorites.

I'm Also fond of Ted Nugent's playing in **** Yankees on a PRS, a different Ted who played more to the song than his normal over the top theatrics. I'd say his best playing since The Amboy Dukes.....

Is it OK to mention Santana or is that to obvious?

You've all got some really interesting tastes. I, personally, was never too fond of Ted's PRS, and yes, it is okay to mention Santana. :)

I, too, was a fan of Mike Einziger in the Mesa/PRS era. He used to play Custom 24s and Hollowbodies through 2 Tremoverb combos.

Last I saw, he was playing Fenders and Gibsons through a Marshall, but that was about 5 years ago.

ifailedshapes said:
I, too, was a fan of Mike Einziger in the Mesa/PRS era. He used to play Custom 24s and Hollowbodies through 2 Tremoverb combos.

Last I saw, he was playing Fenders and Gibsons through a Marshall, but that was about 5 years ago.
Now he's playing Ernie ball music mans through tremoverb combos.

Tim Mahoney by far. Such a tasteful, underrated player with driving rhythms and musical/melodic leads. He has been a big influence on my gear selections over the past several years.

I also really like the tones from the boys of Opeth. I believe they use PRS guitars with Laney amps. I can't forget about Neal Schon, either.

Al Di Meola and Johnny Hiland (formerly, really beautiful signature model in my opinion). Carlos Santana is the really icon guitarist of PRS

Mark Tremonti and Myles Kennedy. I always thought Hiland was good too, though I am not sure if he is still an official artist anymore?

Latest posts

Back