New Guitar Day!!! Washburn USA Custom Shop - WV90

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

guitarslayer

Reaction score
Hey guys & gals, just wanted to show the newest member of the family! Here is a little backing story to this new guitar day. Here we have a Washburn WV90 from the USA Custom Shop #4 of 5 in red. In 2006 Washburn and Boogie Street Guitars designed this run of custom shop Vs based off of the WV80 in red, blue and green. 5 red, 10 blue and 5 green. I previously owned the #1 and #2 in blue which I foolishly sold during a massive episode of GAS....still sorry about it. The good news....I was able to get my hands on another one thankfully! :D This guitar has a really cool custom holographic lighting bolt design hand painted by Chewy, Washburn's custom paint artist. The paint process on this is very cool, first they start with a coat of metallic silver, then Chewy hand paints/airbrushes on the 2 part holographic bolts and finishes it with a coat of the see thru red. The bolts shift from white to a grayish color when you move the guitar around. I added a bunch of pics below, all the gloss and chrome make it really hard to photograph. I also added some pics from the custom shop when the guitar run was being made so you can see the paint process. Sorry for the boring story, heres the pics. Thanks for checking it out! :thumbsup:

Congrats on the find man! Looks to be in mint condition as well. Nice collection of V's there. I love the diamond plating. Matches your 2 channel up top haha.

-AJH

Prett neat collection! I used to have a Jackson V with diamond plate top - sounded really angry! I miss that one. IMHO it lends a rare tone to the sound of a guitar :) I think this is the first time I've seen a washburn custom V. Grats mate!

Latest posts

Back