Nut tuning systems

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TTSTWO

Reaction score
Sorry if this topic has been covered in the past, this is all new to me....

Buzz Feiten Tuning System

Anyone here have any experience with this tuning system? It looks like a compensated nut tuning system like the Earvana (these are all new to me).
I called a local guitar repair shop to get a quote for a setup for my Strat and he mentioned that he installs the Buzz Feiten system. It sounds like a good thing but costs over twice as much as a basic guitar setup.

Is it worth the extra investment ?

Thanks.

TTSTWO said:
Sorry if this topic has been covered in the past, this is all new to me....

Buzz Feiten Tuning System

Anyone here have any experience with this tuning system? It looks like a compensated nut tuning system like the Earvana (these are all new to me).
I called a local guitar repair shop to get a quote for a setup for my Strat and he mentioned that he installs the Buzz Feiten system. It sounds like a good thing but costs over twice as much as a basic guitar setup.

Is it worth the extra investment ?

Thanks.
I have two Tom Andersons, and they have the Buzz F...I never have any tuning issues..having said that, I have a bunch of other guitars that do NOT have it, and I have never considered an "upgrade"...we have an incredible luthier in town that does my set-up jobs and they never have any issues that I am aware of-if i did a lot of studio work and ran into tuning issues, I might consider...

Thanks for the response, lp. I did some digging yesterday on the SeymourDuncan forum, the same question and was told to use the search engine for the subject to find past discussions and, holy crap, lot's of good points and debates. One of the comments was almost spot on from yours about owning guitars with the system and not upgrading others. In my case, I've just completed a pup upgrade to SD and Spezel locking tuners on my mim strat, it's time for a setup. Based on everything I've read, I'm going to bypass the retrofit and go with a basic setup.

Thanks again.

TTSTWO said:
Thanks for the response, lp. I did some digging yesterday on the SeymourDuncan forum, the same question and was told to use the search engine for the subject to find past discussions and, holy crap, lot's of good points and debates. One of the comments was almost spot on from yours about owning guitars with the system and not upgrading others. In my case, I've just completed a pup upgrade to SD and Spezel locking tuners on my mim strat, it's time for a setup. Based on everything I've read, I'm going to bypass the retrofit and go with a basic setup.

Thanks again.
no doubt...I think you are making a wise decision...it is fantastic, but so is a proper set-up...def. close enough for rock n roll! 8)

The basic setup worked out. Having one of the best in the Detroit area do it helped a great deal too. The Strat is now desirable to play. Before I had the setup done I installed a SD Invader (loud) pickup in the bridge and upgraded the tuners with Sperzel locking. Setup was icing on the cake. I love it. Now I need to upgrade the singe coils to a little hotter output but for now I can go from Metallica to Hendrix with flip of the toggle. :lol:

Back