Bone Guitar Picks!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cameronhimself

Reaction score
So my pick journey continues: Bone guitar picks. I snagged these from Mario at theguitarworkshoponline.com. They are very very very well made. I think I like the tri-tip the best. They all feel good though. They tend to evoke a more 'woody' attack. Also maybe a thicker sound but not quite as precise, at least as far as the tri-tip goes.

Here is my video review:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSIJsKB8Jx4

Anyone else tried a bone guitar pick? Pretty darn cool if you ask me!

After reading your initial post I ordered the teardrop. It arrived today and I have to admit, it plays and sounds awesome with my acoustic, much fuller with a nice snappy attack. Much clearer than the .88MM Tortex I was using.

I just ordered another to try with my electrics 'cause this one is staying with the acoustic.

Very cool indeed.

Dom

This may be a good idea for me as I shave a pick down to unusable usually in a couple of songs. I recently bought Dunlop "ultex" picks and although they lasted longer than other picks I still had wear. I play with a regular teardrop style 1.14 mm for electric and a medium pick for acoustic playing. In my 20's I played with a mandolin pick and I see they're popular with some metal players, I know for sure Alexi Laiho from Children of Bodom uses a mandolin pick, but he has an incredibly soft touch to his style. I play more like Uli Roth on the Scorpion's "Virgin Killer" album, that and Jimi Hendix live stuff influenced me early on.

After 35+ years of playing, I've tried all kinds of picks, and these are the first to impress me in a LONG time... http://v-picks.com

I couldn't believe they had a pick that was over 11mm thick! I was tempted to try it, but opted for the Colossal (8.85mm) and Psycho (5.85mm); I gotta tell you guys, these are some amazing picks! They really make notes explode from your guitar, acoustic or electric! Don't trip on the size, they're really light, and feel comfortable in your hands. They also made a pick for Carlos Santana which is oversized, and a joy to play with; glad they sent me one as a freebie!

Latest posts

Back