B stock guitars

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dbyer1

Reaction score
How do you guys feel about b stock guitars. Looking at starting a b stock web buisness and I am trying to gauge if I can sell them

I've bought two factory seconds. A Fender tele and a Larrivee L-03. Both purely cosmetic issues. Paint chips on the tele and a finish flaw about the size of my pinky fingernail by the lower strap peg. I've been told that some factory seconds are just guitars that were marked down by the manufacturer to move some product when they need cash and they don't want to mark down their product line. So they find some "flaws" and mark them down. I think that's what the Larrivee is. It was around the time they were getting the California plant up and running.

The B stock guitars I have seen have had significant structural or playability issues. I'm sure it's a mixed bag, but I would consider more of a "scratch and dent" offering rather than "miscellaneous B-stock".

Just something I am looking at I am a gun dealer but tiring of all the paper work

I bought a B stock guitar online that turned out to have an extremely minor finish flaw. It's a great guitar. From a buyer's perspective I would consider buying another one. I would expect any seller of B stock guitars to be very thorough in their descriptions of the flaws and provide good photos if selling online. As far as the financial side of it for the seller -some I have no knowledge of this.

Thanks I play guitar and am building one right now so a good bit of repairs I should be able to work out

Hi,I'm new here,joined cause I traded for a Blue Angel and it's the most interesting? amp I've ever owned and I wanted to find out what I could about em.As far as B stock guitars,I've owned a few and was completely satisfied with em.They had minor cosmetic issues only,nothing structural,and the shops I bought em from were completely up front about em.One was a Les Paul TV Special,had an 1/8th inch paint issue on the back you've gotta look for.I love the guitar.I'm lefty,and been in it since the 60,s,and when you find a good lefty,you better jump on it.If you're straight up about the flaws,and can come up with some kinda return policy people won't take advantage of,it sounds like a good idea.I'd buy one.I recently found a Les Paul Heritage Plus AAA top,and I wish it had a few flaws.$2300 is a lotta clams.Good Luck if you decide to do it!!!!

Back