2005 American Deluxe Telecaster

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elvis

Reaction score
OK, I bought one about 2 months ago, but it took me a while to get it set up. Had to adjust string heights, intonation and pickup heights. The pickup height is CRITICAL. The action was REALLY high to start with.

Then I had to actually fix my amp setup so I could hear all the tele goodness (see the Dyne forum for the long version).

I give this guitar high marks. It plays well, was easy to set up and sounds great. I normally do not like fat necks, and this one is guilty of that. It is also a cross between a C and V neck, which took some getting used to. However, Humans are adaptable.

It has great bridge-pickup twang. Great neck pickup boom, but with nice single-coil definition. The middle position is not quite 2/4 strat, but has a bit of that, plus is nice and glassy. And it has 4-way switching via the S1 switch to give the two pickups in series. That is another nice thing. It reminds me of a vintage Les Paul.

It is brighter than my humbucker guitars, and the Dyne really brings out the character. The combination has unbelievable dynamics, and is just ALIVE. Really great match. The SCN Pickups are nice. I'm not a vintage guy, so I don't hate them like some of the purists seem to. And they are really noiseless. I can run then into a gain channel with 2 cascaded overdrives and a boost and still have it quiet.

I had to pretty guitar up a bit with a white pearl pickguard. The parchment was just dull-looking. I'm running it with D'Addario XL110 strings. Normally I would go with 0.011s on a non-trem guitar, but I didn't want to lose so much of the high end.

Latest posts

Back