NGD.. Les Paul STD Quilt Top Regal Purple

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adambomb

Reaction score
Played almost every Les Paul in Nashville today and came home with this one. It's a 2011 LP Standard Quilt Top Regal Purple. I've been on the hunt for a good LP standard for the last 6 month and I'm super happy with this Standard. This one has a one piece back and BB's 1 and 2 pups, weights exactly 9 lbs, and push pull coil taps on both volume controls. I really liked that there's not really a drop in volume when you use the coil taps. I have AB'd my PRS SC245 that I've had for awhile with all kinds of Paul's and my conclusion is this... The Les Paul just sounds better all around I think in every department. Been playing it for hours and just now getting to my NGD thread. Oh, and I got a killer deal regardless but got a super killer deal from there being a couple dings on the back of the body. I'm a PRS man at heart but... I got the Les Paul fever man and the only remedy for it is MORE LES PAUL!!

GibsonLPquiltGCpicBESTbodyshot.jpg

GibsonLPquiltGCpicfullguitar.jpg

GibsonLPquiltGCpicfullback.jpg

8EBCD8EE.jpg

I LOVE Les Pauls, they're the real deal!

I'd love me a PRS Singlecut but when I tried one back to back in the store next to a good LP Standard, the LP just sounded rounder and beefier. Good choice!

Gorgeous. The Quilt tops are bit less common and beautiful. Great acquisition!

Back