NGD! Ibanez RGR465M CA

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Triaxstasy

Reaction score
Remember that 1991 Ibanez Guitar catalog?!? Page 25 to be more precise.....
There she was, RGR565, H-S config, reversed headstock, maple neck AND fretboard with color matching dots! They were beyond any possible reach back then for me.....
Nowadays these babies pop up from time to time on ebay, very rarely over here in Europe/Germany.
In 2010 Ibanez released a limited run (available in Europe only......) of a near-reissue called the RGR465M in Lazer Blue and Candy Apple Red. This run even featured DiMarzio pups (D-Activator bridge, Air Norton S neck).
I just got lucky and got one of these brand spankin new NOS for 400€.
Even though she´s made in Indonesia she rivals my MIJ Ibbys (JEM BFP, RG4020, RG2620, JPM P1) feel-and craftmanship-wise. The only thing I´ll change will be the EDGE III bridge (which will be replaced by either an EDGE Pro or the new Schaller Lockmeister Floyd).
Other than that it´s a weapon!!

RGR465M_CA_1P_01.png

DSCF3733.jpg

DSCF3735.jpg

DSCF3740.jpg

DSCF3736.jpg

a buddie of mine had an original back in the day, sweet player! he got it on clearance from daddys junky in 92, i think he paid like $350 for it. again, great axe.

That thing is sweeet!

I'm not a maple neck guy, but I like the Candy Apple Red w/red markers. Congrats Man!!

Latest posts

Back