Suggestions on replacement PUPs for Schecter C-1 Elite

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

msuscorpio

Reaction score
I have a Schecter C-1 Elite with stock pickups that I'm looking to upgrade but with so many options out there, I really have no idea where to start. One consideration is that it has a pull/push tone knob for coil tapping on both the neck and bridge position. I play mostly modern-rock type stuff, pretty heavy, but not over they top extreme metal stuff. So I don't really think going with active pups like EMG's is really necessary. I play through a Mark V. TIA for your suggestions!

I suppose I should also add what I dont like about the stock pups....They sound thin, brittle and tin-y to me. I want something thicker and warmer but that still has a sweet high end.

Perhaps try other offerings from Seymour Duncan, or maybe some Dimarzios like a Tone Zone/Air Norton combo, or if you want to get a little higher end, try Bare Knuckle pickups. I have some experience with their stuff and they sound amazing. Perhaps look into their vintage or vintage hot style pickups.

-AJH

Cool, thanks for the suggestions. illl try to track down some youtube videos featuring those pups.

Back