NGD! SG 61' Reissue AND Les Paul Standard

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bendo

Reaction score
Ever since I had my first SG, I always wanted another. But, none of them felt like my first SG. I had a 94 I bought this summer, that was sold shortly thereafter. Just never felt right.

What a guitar!

From the first open G chord I stuck on this thing, to the solos for Back in Black and Hells Bells, it felt like absolute butter. EVERY SG should be constructed like this from the factory. The 57 Classics sound just like they should. The fretboard is unbelievable. Not a flaw, so smooth. The body is one piece of solid mahogany.

Just amazing. This is a professionals instrument. I was hoping Gibson could still build them this way. This was purchased used, it is a 2006.

P3212480.jpg

P3212481.jpg

P3212484.jpg

Yes, yes, yes and YEEES!!! To me this is THE standard production Gibson SG to buy. Feels awesome, sounds awesome, looks badass. I have four guitars on my wall and every single time someone walks in my room they always say "Woooow, they're beautiful, especially the RED one!" :lol:
I hate the fact 57 Classics aren't a more frequent feature in Gibsons. Those pickups sound gnarly if you ask me.

That's a beauty. Makes me want one even more than I already did. Just something awesome about that shape.

Thanks all. The SG is amazing.

But, before the GAS even wore off I acquired this as well. Didn't want to start a new thread, so I just added onto this one.

P3252520.jpg

P3252516.jpg

P3252513.jpg

Not much to say other than it is a great guitar. We've all played Les Pauls, and this one is a fantastic example. Very happy with the upgrade. Even from GC, got a GREAT deal. Wish I would've got a little more for my Studio, but it was made up for in discounting the price of the Standard. Was brand new and still sealed in the box. Just got done re-stringing with my strings, and setup/intonation. Next few hours will be spent in a haze of tone.

I am really surprised at how much more "playable" this LP is than my Studio Deluxe was. There really is a big difference.

Yes I returned the Traditional. I wanted "more".

Beautiful guitar! Lock your house tight!!! :twisted:

I'm not a big fan of zebras but that one just works. :D

Not sure why they don't put 57's on that baby too.

Back