NGD! first Seven. Carvin DC700

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

purpledc

Reaction score
Got my dc700 today. I must say the beautiful simplicity of this guitar is astounding. In hindsight I think the FT7 bridge is better if you dislike that ringing the TOM bridges seem to have. But I simply hate the way they look. Im also going to replace the nut as I simply think this one is too narrow and promoting the simpathy vibrations behind the nut. But regardless of some minor tweakings in its future the guitar is just perfect. The neck is very comfortable (this was my biggest concern) and the walnut they used has character but its not overly gaudy. I was also quite surprised by the case. I thought I was getting the plastic case but Ill take this all day long. Another big surprise were the pickups. They are hot with excellent definition. I simply see no need to change them for now, lol.

Picture058.jpg

Picture059.jpg

Picture060.jpg

Picture061-1.jpg

Picture062-1.jpg

Picture066.jpg

Picture067-1.jpg

Picture068.jpg

Picture069.jpg

Picture063.jpg

Love "woody" guitars. Beautiful!

How does the neck feel?

Jackie said:
Love "woody" guitars. Beautiful!

How does the neck feel?

very smooth like satin. Its a very comfy neck too for being a seven. To me Ibby 7 necks go about it the wrong way. They are so thin that a neck of this width is very uncomfortable. Carvin made a very nice carve on these and they are slightly thinner than a schecter 7 but no so thin that you cramp up.

Back