Squier Classic Vibe 50's Tele

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jackie

Reaction score
Now I'll be the first to admit that I don't really have a lot of experience with Tellies, but this guitar just blows me away!

Notice anything funny in the spec sheet? Pine body, one piece maple neck... Alnico III pickups... Fender hasn't made Pine Tellies since the 50s if my info is correct. Also, I don't think Alnico III magnets are exactly run-of-the-mill either... So what, you might ask.

This thing sounds and plays effin' amazing that's what! Full, rich, just enough grunt and just enough glass, you have a hard time making it over-trebly even on the bridge position (though the Tone knob does a great job of fattening it up if needed), the neck and finish feel perfect. The tuners feel like a million bucks too and it's just overall very sturdy and superbly built. Well, I should mention the truss rod needed a little adjustment and the jack nut was a little loose but that can happen on pretty much any guitar in any price range.

Aaah, but here's the kicker - it's 366€. Now I have a general dislike for Squier made products since the vast majority is just badly made crap and believe me when I say that, Fenders (even Mex ones) are rare in our music stores since cheap guitars get bought the most and the stores are full of Epis and Squiers and such.

But this Classic Vibe stuff seems to be the mutts nuts!!! The salesman saw my look of amazement and said "You know, the Strats are just as good..." Not bad coming from a die-hard Strat-cat!

So to anyone that wants a cheap but awesome Telecaster, this is what you should be looking at. The only downside is the lack of color choice.

Oh yeah, that reminds me, if anyone will be in the market for one of these - there is also a Butterscotch Natural Maple Classic Vibe Tele too but that one's DIFFERENT!!! Alnico V pickups in that one. Still Pine body though.

Back