JPXI

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
very subjective question

i would wait if you are thinking of one. there is a JPX12 on the way.. and a new JP guitar (with a different shape supposedly, no real info on it yet though)

i think the neck is too thin on the 11, almost ibanez wizard (not as wide though) the stainless steel fret are nice, and the 20" radius is fantastic above fret 12 (too flat for me in the 1-9 frets range) the color is cool, and looks quite nice under stage lights.

I like the JPX nect much better, but the tone is different because of the chambering, i can't say how different though, would need to a/b them for a while.

i have a BFR, which is essentially the JP 11, but with a more comfy neck (to me) and pretty quilted maple top.

The JPXI is my new favorite guitar (and I have some killer guitars besides this one)... my one minor gripe with my Music Man JP6 was the neck being just a hair too skinny, and the frets a hair too small. Both issues are gone with the redesign.

Here's the in-depth review I recently completed. It details all of the differences between all of the JP-series guitars, too!

http://www.musicplayers.com/reviews/guitars/2011/1211_MusicMan_JPXI.php

Scott

Back