eb music man jp6 or Paul reed smith ce 22.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toolshed

Reaction score
i have a ce 22 with dimarzio d actiavtor pickups in it. It really just sits around and i play my gibson lps alot more. But now someone has offered me a ebmm jp6 for it. the music man doesn't have the piezio pickup. what would you do. I'm into guitars that really bite..

If that guitar (PRS) just sits, perhaps trying something new would make more sense? I never like to own a guitar that I don't really like to play. Have you ever tried a JP6 in person? Might or might not be the guitar for you, but I know I really like them, and the pickups do have a good amount of bite to them as well. They are a COMPLETELY different animal than a Les Paul though, more of a super strat feel to me.

-AJH

The JP6 is going to feel WAAAAYYYY different than the PRS, but even without the Piezo option, you'll have fantastic tuning stability and a great tremolo that is great for natural sounding vibrato effects. Here's the review we did a few years ago on the JP6:

http://www.musicplayers.com/reviews/guitars/2006/1006_MusicManJP6.php

Scott

Latest posts

Back