New Guitar Carvin CT624

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Turumbar82

Reaction score
I actually got this guitar last Monday and have really been enjoying it since then. The tone is really great. It's very thick sound like a Les Paul. I have found that with this guitar I can turn my gain down a lot and still get a very thick chunky metal sound. The guitar can definitely shred. The neck pickup isn't as tight as the dimarzio's on my ibanez though but it still sounds good. It's just a little looser sounding. The clean and medium distortion sounds with this guitar are very very nice. The coil splitter give this guitar a thinner chimey sound. It's very nice. This is my first experience with Carvin pickups but I do like them a lot. The quality of this instrument is great. The wood is beautiful. The frets are stainless steel and feel great. There are no sharp edges. This guitar is just as good as my buddies PRS. I know some people bad mouth carvins and others think they are great. I'm very impressed with this guitar. I love the way it looks, sounds, and feels.

dscf1287q.jpg

dscf1285f.jpg

dscf1284t.jpg

I played some at the Carvin Factory in March.... I was blown away and ordered one. Should be here in a few weeks... I'll post some pics and thoughts when I get it. :).....

NICE!

what is that, dragon finish?!

LOL

i've had my carvin DC200K since 1984. marvelous build quality, i also have a carvin bass -- LB70.
excellent axes, they're real players.

gonzo said:
NICE!

what is that, dragon finish?!

LOL

i've had my carvin DC200K since 1984. marvelous build quality, i also have a carvin bass -- LB70.
excellent axes, they're real players.

Yes this is their Dragonburst finish. I really like the color. It's unique to Carvin. I'm very very happy with this guitar. It plays great, sounds amazing, and the quality is top notch. I have already started looking at other builds to do with Carvin for whenever I get a 7 string.

Hey man that guitar is sweet!
I've been playing Carvins a long time and they make some great guitars.
Those California carved tops felt really nice last time I played one. I think their pickups are very well balanced to offer a wide variety of great tones.

Back