Switching from Les Paul to .......

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

exbest182

Reaction score
I've found my tastes in guitars changing a tad, and I'm looking for a replacement for my 98' Gibson Les Paul Standard.. I also have an SG standard that I'm keeping.. I love it.

First off, I play in a melodic hardcore punk band... I have a Mark V and a Mark III/red stripe - for amps.. I don't really even use clean tones for the most part in my music, however here and there at home I do sometimes... My main goal for a guitar is I need a tight attack, and just really.. bring the noise..

I've narrowed it down to 2 guitars...

1. ESP Viper Standard

Viper.jpg

Mahogany body, 24xj frets, EMG 81/85

2. B.C Rich Mockingbird Exotic Classic

Mockingbird-Exotic-Classic-XCMGSM.jpg

Mahogany body, maple neck, 24 jumbo frets, and rockfield mafia pickups.

I've never been a fan of BC Rich guitars... at all, I've always thought that their guitars were better off being used in battles during medieval times than a show.. just neven been into the body styles..
However, I love this body style - a friend of mine recently picked up a BC Rich endorsement, and is playing these guitars, and he loves them to death, enough to making him leave years of playing Gibsons.
I also found a review which is a very favorable review.http://www.bcrich.com/pdf/exotic_classic_review.pdf I've read many places that people that aren't fans of other B.C. Rich guitars like myself really love this guitar...

So my question is... ESP/BC Rich/ or Stick with the Les Paul??

If you're looking for tight rhythm tones, those EMGs will get you closer.

That said, you can fit them in any guitar... so if you like the Mockingbird...

Back