My Custom Guitars (now being nurtured with a Dual Recti!)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey all,

New to the forum. Just got myself a Dual Recti with a sweet Marshall cab. I design custom guitars and work with a private luthier buddy of mine who builds them. Figured I'd share a few with my new amigos :).

This is my latest, a slim-bodied, neck thru 25.5 scale custom LP. The finish is our own version of Dragonburst, it has 24 frets on an ebony board with block inlays (abalone framed in mother of pearl). The body is super high grade mahogany, as is the neck (and the neck thru is done in a pretty unusual way). The top is 5A quilted maple. Pickups are Bareknuckle Mule/Warpig, with coil taps. Tonepros string thru body bridge and locking sperzels complete the package.

svj5hh.jpg

jl3zw9.jpg

2a83mgo.jpg

Next, my korina super-soloist. It was meant to be kind of a marriage between an ibanez S series and an alembic. This baby has a korina body with a mappa burl veneer (didn't want a solid wood top cuz I was trying to keep the weight super low). The neck is hard rock maple, with a 4A flame maple board that has green and chrome mirror vine inlays. Also 25.5 scale and 24 frets. The pickups are Dimarzios - Air Norton / Cruiser / Evo 2 (coil tapped). Tonepros string thru body and locking sperzels.

2w1wbyb.jpg

2zycuxi.jpg

Lastly, my very first custom project. I really liked the Jackson EDS bodies, so I found a beautiful example of one and went on to have a neck handmade for it. This baby has a Schaller Floyd, Dimarzios - Cruiser / Area 61 / Steve Special (coil tapped), and locking sperzels. The neck is highly figured flame maple (stained in 3 colors), and the fretboard is cocobolo with abalone purfling and an abalone eye of Ra at the 12th fret.

27ytvd5.jpg

14noe8j.jpg

29pvzma.jpg

Besides these, I also have a Carvin Ultra V that I love, an Agile HEA-65 acoustic-electric, and an SX tele that's modded. Nice to be here, and hope to share a lota guitar and amp knowledge with all of you! :D

Sweet axes mate, very individual too, I love that second one, very funky!

Thank you sir! They're my pride and joy. Absolutely the best guitars I have ever played for my specific tastes.

those are gorgeous guitars! great craftsmanship and design. I really like that dragonburst color as well. Congrats on the Dual Rec as well!

-AJH

MesaENGR412 said:
those are gorgeous guitars! great craftsmanship and design. I really like that dragonburst color as well. Congrats on the Dual Rec as well!

-AJH

Thanks man! The dragonburst looks a LOT better in person, it's very hard to capture with a crappy digital camera.

ryjan said:
Beautiful inlay work! Nice touch having the dragonburst on the back of the neck and through the body.

Thanks dude. That's actually solid quilted maple, stained to match the guitar's top. It's not a veneer or paint, it's actually set in the middle of the mahogany neck.

customguitars87 said:
ryjan said:
Beautiful inlay work! Nice touch having the dragonburst on the back of the neck and through the body.

Thanks dude. That's actually solid quilted maple, stained to match the guitar's top. It's not a veneer or paint, it's actually set in the middle of the mahogany neck.
Gotta love the finer things in life. 8)

WOW.. those are some nice looking guitars... where are you located.. and does that luthier have a website, do other work?

dmcguitar said:
WOW.. those are some nice looking guitars... where are you located.. and does that luthier have a website, do other work?

Thank you! I'm on the east coast in the US. The luthier is a buddy of mine and to my knowledge hasn't really made many guitars for other people. It's just one guy in a workshop really, not a formal business of any sort (nor is it his main career, although it certainly could be with this quality!).

Back