EMG Problem

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PineappleBrains

Reaction score
I just installed the emg 81 and 85 set into my friends guitar, and they are working great accept for one problem. When he has the volume up and is not playing, they are picking up the the vibrations when our drummer is playing, i am playing, or our bassist is playing. Has anyone expierenced this problem and found a way to correct it?

Get used to turning the guitar down when not playing. My EMG problem is different. I installed an 85, sa,sa and I am still getting buzzing and white noise when the volume is turned up on the guitar. Checked all solder joints and connections. Any suggestions?

YEP, checked all the grounds, everything. Still getting a lot of white noise and hum, more than my regular hummers.

just brain storming.. did you disconnect the bridge grounding wire??
could also be the wiring wherever you play. sometimes fluro lights make the amp buzz althought hummers should counteract that..

there not really making any noise when theres nothing goin on in the room. If the guitar volume is turned up its fine until lets say our drummer hits the snare, there is a short fuzz coming out of the amp. its the ambient noise that the pups catch and play it through the amp.

Sensitive little buggers... I use the 7 string version of the 81 and 85 but never had a noise prob before... heres a solution.. get a new drummer :wink:

I had this problem in my studio with any electric guitar. Nobody knew what was the reason. I had to find a new studio room. Here it is:

http://fulcrum.polonium.fi/english.php

Thats cool looks a bit cramped. but tidy.
pedal board looks very busy almost too busy.
personaly i like as little between the guitar and the amp
i just use a ds-1 (untill i finally get the cash for a rkII) and a wah
and let the tc do everything else..
but each to their own
hey at least you got a studio to use..

The studio room is quite small. Max Four people can play there simultaneously. The pedalborad is not too busy, because there are dedicated effects for each Mark III channels:

Clean Channel:
Boss DM-2 Analog Delay

R2 Channel (That's for complex chords):
Mark III Reverb

Lead Channel with Mark III EQ (That's for riffs and power chords):
Boss DC-3 Digital Dimension
Boss HF-2 Hiband Flanger
Boss HR-2 Harmonist
Boss SD-1 Super Over Drive

Lead Channel without Mark III EQ (That's for solos)
Boss CE-2 Chorus
Boss DD-5 Digital Delay
Jim Dunlop Cry Baby 535Q

Boss RC-2 Loop Station and Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor are available for all channels and that Octave pedal is broken and is a tempo pedal for Digital Delay and Loop Station. So I only switch the custom made channel switch to change the channels. I want less drive for solos than for riffs and power chords. That's why I connected Super Over Drive for Lead Channel with Mark III EQ. My Mark III Modifications are explained in vintage forum.

I just mixed 9 songs of my band. I will share at least the guitar solo parts in rigs and tones forum.

Latest posts

Back