Jackson RR1!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nick1

Reaction score
I just got my Jackson RR1 on Friday and man does it rip!!!!!

Here are some pics of it!! (Just scroll down a bit!)

http://www.zakkwylde.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17022

I was on Jacksons site and trying to figure out the year and Im kinda lost heres what my RR1 says
U (or J Im not 100% sure which one its a bit distorted) 0 9 0 7 2

any production Rhoads guitars were considered "USA" models and given "U0****" serial numbers.

2001 Ontario UO8970-

So pretty sure yours is a 2001 model.

Yep, 2001. And not to nitpick, but that's an RR1T, I have the same guitar but in black and it plays so nice. People always ask me "How could you play that? It looks so uncomfortable!" but I've grown so used to it most strat styled guitars are uncomfortable!

I used to have a beat up 1993 White RR1 which was the best playing guitar I've ever had the pleasure of playing on, but it had a run in with 2" of water while the finish was completely stripped off. :(

Inearthed said:
it had a run in with 2" of water while the finish was completely stripped off. :(

Wow... :shock: !!! How did that happen Inearthed?

Inearthed said:
It looks so uncomfortable!" but I've grown so used to it most strat styled guitars are uncomfortable!

Yeh I agree with you on that one... it's just a matter of getting used to the guitar. I am VERY used to my Epi Les Paul Goth, just like the feel to it... I tried a fender type body in the shop a while back and it felt rather awkward at first, both the slightly different body shape and the feel of the fretboard... but after a while I started to get used it. But I guess most people have experienced this so this shouldn't be new. That was one of my first times of playing on something other than a Les Paul type guitar.

BTW nice guitar nick. I definately want to get a RR1 in the near future. I didn't like it when I first saw one, being played by Kirk Hammett, I thought what an ugly piece of pointy "business"... But it has grown on me to the point that I definately want one, in black of course!!! :wink:

Back