Any SCHECTER owners?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a sort of cool Schecter story. The small local shop near here used to have alot of them. I had eyed up this one particular USA model for the better part of a year. Then one time it was gone. A few months later I spotted it on the used wall at the Guitar Center down the street. It sold new for about $1300, I picked it up for $600 otd. After two weeks I decided I wasn't all about it, so I returned it for my money back. It was a nice guitar, just not for me. I guess GC isn't all bad...

I have a Scheter Omen 6 in the color of Walnut Satin with EMGs. It was my 1st guitar. I love it. I got it for 220 dollars new at Guitar Center with the better hardware than they put on them these days.

i really like schecters newer stuff, and im waiting to get my hands on one of those hellraiser 7 strings :twisted: !

Not really into schecters in the sense that I don't exactly want to go out and buy one, but i've played on one (not sure of the model-it was around $2500AU-approx (it looked like the Damien-6 FR from the http://www.schecterguitars.com/ except it was the natural wood finish with laquer-(mahogany I think), the knobs on it were like those on the Damien but it didn't have a floyd rose).
I gotta say, that was certainly one hell of a guitar. The build quality on it is exceptional!!! VERY LITTLE flaws, if any, I loved the solid feel of it, and in general it sounded great. I have to admit I was very impressed by it but not a schecter fan so I don't see myself buying one.

the diamond series are great axes for the money, except the stock electronics SUCK ! the blackjack series at least have real duncans but the rest come stock with duncan designed (junk). so if youre lookin to get a great axe for cheap, schecter is awesome, just be ready to invest in new pickups!

vulture2600 said:
the diamond series are great axes for the money, except the stock electronics SUCK ! the blackjack series at least have real duncans but the rest come stock with duncan designed (junk). so if youre lookin to get a great axe for cheap, schecter is awesome, just be ready to invest in new pickups!

The Blackjack series, in my opinion, is the best 'bang for the buck' guitar out there right now. Stock they're pretty much 100% ready to be brought on stage and played on... If I stumble across one of them used I would definitely pick it up.

I'm not in the market for any more guitars at the moment, but I really like the way the C-1's sound into Rectos.

I have a C-1E/A the hollow body one. I dont really care for the tone into my dual. Or really any amp for that matter. Has a great clean tone, but thats it.

Back