PRS update - from the man himself...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dmcguitar

Reaction score
Alterbridge is Creed with a different singer , who also plays guitar in band. Tremonti alwasy had a good tone, now he gets to play lead, and i hear some petrucci type licks every so often. I like them. It's like they took the first creed album and all the cool stuff from that and went in a more rock/metal direction.

oh and prs are nice too. I can't afford one.. well and eat too... hmmm....

Paul Smith is a class act. not only does he have tasty chops, but he cares about the customers. I recently read a story where he donated a replacement guitar to a guy who had his house burn down.

Elpelotero said:
Paul Smith is a class act. not only does he have tasty chops, but he cares about the customers. I recently read a story where he donated a replacement guitar to a guy who had his house burn down.

I met him at NAMM a few years ago, he was so nice to me as a customer. I told him how much I loved my custom 22 and he said 'I'll be right back' and brought me an awesome PRS leather strap w/ birds on it to match the color of my guitar (which he asked me) and then gave me a ton of cleaning lotions, kits, etc and a few CD's of his and a calendar.. just a giant bag of swag basically. Really cool cat.

I've met him a few times as well. He's an ultra nice guy.

At the PRS Experience that was held at the factory in September, I had the privilege of having Paul reenlist me for four more years in the armed forces. That was really cool! He does really care about his customers and their level of satisfaction with their guitars.

I've met Paul and know a few people that work at the factory in Stevensville, MD. The guitarist for the band I play in deals with their inlays. Paul is a nice (albiet weird) guy...too obessed with fantasy and dragons. Anyways, the newer Paul Reed Smiths just don't have the attention to detail that they used to have. They are just a victim of overgrowth and corporitization. Which is fine and I think Paul is a smart man for blowing up his company to such large proportions. They're building a new complex by their old one, so that's pretty cool. But still, they are now a assembly line that pushes out a lot of guitar and only the private stock gets the attention that's needed to justify their prices. Even then, private stock is a just a couple of old guys (precision lutheirs definitely), but they lack the zeal that they used to have and let things out the door that 10 years ago would have been unacceptable. The best PRS I've seen and played is my guitarist's employee guitar. But understandly, every component was hand picked and made before construction even started. Plus, he is a wizard at fretjobs and thing plays like fingers are on ice. I'll try to get a picture of it, definitely a "10" top and then some.

Elpelotero said:

I've been lurking around the birds and moons forum for a bit and there are a few threads about that on there. It is actually one of the member's friends that got the guitar. The old one actually survived the fire (had some damage definitely - was the only guitar of the guy's to survive) and they just wanted to show it to Paul as kind of a cool story. Paul ended up trading him a brand new guitar for the crispy one.

Very cool story and a very stand up guy. I'm hoping to join the PRS family soon, and that just adds to it.

It just amazes me that you can hear a great story like that about PRS and then hear the story about Gibson trying to screw that one guy out of his 10k prize that he won fair and square. (read this if you haven't heard the story: http://blog.qn5.com/2008/general/rant-gibson-hates-hip-hop )

There's also some follow ups on another site. Gibson eventually came through, but I think it took over a year.

Wow, that's one hell of a story from Gibson and that rap artist. I remember talking to an artist rep from Ibanez years ago. He basically was an a cocky *******...kinda like Don Pitts. I wish I could help that rapper because it seems like he's been honest and put in a lot of effort to rectify a bad situation.

Latest posts

Back