Ibanez JPM P1

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The cash your willing to spend is fine. What I think Rocky means (correct me if I’m wrong) out of all of them the P1-P4 the P1’s are the ones that people are not as willing to part with. I have a P3 & P4 so I kind of keep my eyes open just out of my own curiosity. People love the coloring of the P1 (so do i).

Out of all of them you might find a P4 (green camouflage) on Ebay or something a P1 you are going to invest some time, but you might get lucky.

The good news when you come across one they are a nice guitar!

Dror520 said:
Why ? what do u think is the price for that guitar ?

as noted above...rare guitar and JPM Ibanez owners are usually pretty proud of them. Hard to get those instruments....$1500 seems low as far as price.

I'd think it will be a fair bit more $$

I'm willing to spend 1700 $ is that good enough ? at Ibanezrules Rich has the guitar I want for 2000 $ and above ...

Rocky said:
Dror520 said:
Why ? what do u think is the price for that guitar ?

as noted above...rare guitar and JPM Ibanez owners are usually pretty proud of them. Hard to get those instruments....$1500 seems low as far as price.

I'd think it will be a fair bit more $$
Rocky, dam you were right!!

Just went to www.ibanezrules.com I was way off are far as money goes for a P1
http://www.ibanezrules.com/used.htm#JPM

From the site:
Clean certed P1's are becoming very expensive with somebody from the UK actually dropping $3800 on ebay for one that wasn't even as clean! This one won't cost you that much, but it will cost you.** $3200**

6L6C said:
Rocky, dam you were right!!

Just went to www.ibanezrules.com I was way off are far as money goes for a P1
http://www.ibanezrules.com/used.htm#JPM

From the site:
Clean certed P1's are becoming very expensive with somebody from the UK actually dropping $3800 on ebay for one that wasn't even as clean! This one won't cost you that much, but it will cost you.** $3200**
If this is the case, I can only imagine how much a JPM90HAM would cost. Now THAT'S a pretty guitar. In fact I think it's one of the prettiest guitars ever made.

~trem

I think the jpm is a pretty sweet axe personally. I like petrucci's Ibanez way more than the musicman guitars. I think they have more character.

anothersomeone said:
I think the jpm is a pretty sweet axe personally. I like petrucci's Ibanez way more than the musicman guitars. I think they have more character.

I totally agree with you !!! I really hope to find a buyer for this guitar .... does any one know a good site that may have this guitar except Ibanezrules ??

I have owned two Ibanez JPMs (a P2 and P4) -- great guitars, and I currently own the Music Man JP6 -- an even better guitar given the flexibility provided by the piezo output and the improved tremolo system.

However, I prefer the tone of the Ibanez JPMs... to that end, it was easy enough to customize an Ibanez to give me the tone of the JPM in a better guitar than the original.

I started with the Ibanez RGT42DX-FMLT, which has a cool flat finish like the P4 did, but in a much nicer dark blue pattern vs. the cameo. It has neck-thru construction and a newer edge pro trem (forget which version) -- the advantage here is that you don't have to cut the balls off the strings like with the JPM models. It is also a solid mahogany body. It's on the heavy side, but then so is its tone (in fact, John's new BFR models use a mahogany tone block). I then installed a DiMarzio Air Norton and Steve's special, with the same custom three-way wiring as found on my JPMs, but with a standard telecaster switch, which works better (softer/easier) than the heavy three-way toggle switch on the JPM. This is by far the most beautiful hard rock sounding guitar I've owned, and tone-wise, it surpasses the MM JP-6. I plan to get another Ibanez, but with a Prestige neck, and do the same mod.

If you read the tutorial on MusicPlayers.com, I detailed the process of swapping out the pickups and improving the stock guitar.

modifications.jpg

[/img]

I just came across a JPM100 P1 here in Japan for about $2,000.00. It looks to be in great shape with very minimal wear. The neck and frets are fine, the tremolo is sturdy, no major issues at all and I checked the serial number.
I played a little bass many years ago, and looking to switch to guitar. Does this seem like a good deal, and will this guitar be difficult to learn to play on?
TIA

That is too much for a P1. I'd pay $1500 for that one. Most desired tends to be the P2 with neon colored graphics and the super limited HAM90 model, but that one is worth over $3500.

Anyway, these aren't learning guitars. They play like a dream when set up well, but a new guitarist will have a tough time with string changes as it requires cutting the balls off the strings, changing one at a time, etc... And just understanding the operation of a double locking tremolo.

Thanks Scott, I appreciate your input, and your advice about it being a tough time for beginners. I wasn't aware of the string change issue you mentioned. Certainly good to know.

I did forget to mention that the seller is throwing in a really nice bag for it as well, so that does soften the blow a bit as I am not sure that the bag is worth $500.00 though.

Well, you're in Japan so I guess you'll pay a premium over USA prices. I'd pick up a cheap, used, made-in-Japan fender Strat to get comfortable with playing, tuning, and changing strings first. Or, watch some videos online about changing strings on an ibanez edge pro tremolo or Floyd rose trem.

Scott,
I am either stupid or lucky, but I bought it along with a Marshall MG30CFX amp. Your idea of a cheaper guitar makes sense, but I just couldn't resist. I've been practicing for a few weeks and keeping the local guitar shop in business, so they put on a set of Slinkys, after which, 1 of the guys took her for a whirl. Sure sounded nice :)

Back