7 string recommendations?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

backwordsman13

Reaction score
Yo, I'm looking into getting a 7 string eventually, and was wonder if any of you had any recommendations on which ones to try. I have an Ibanez RG which is pretty much my favorite right now and was looking into trying a Universe or something, but if any of you know of any i should try out that'd be great. I have heard lots of great things about the JP7s but i have never seen one in Vegas so...yeah thanks.

I have a JP7 on the way. I'll let you know what I think of it when it arrives in March. :) They are awesome guitars. I'll have to get used to the wider neck though...

I've gone through a few 7 strings, and I think my Ibanez S7420FM (saber) is my favorite, wish they made them like that still. The RG1527 is really nice as well. The schecter c-7 blackjack is next on my list, I love those big ol' necks though. I had an older Japanese RG as well that was sweet, I like the older necks Ibanez used compared to the new ones on 7 strings.

I used to have an Ibanez RG 7620 (I think...it might have been the 7621. I can't remember which one had the trem and which one didn't. Mine had a trem). It played great and the neck was great too. I just couldn't get used to the Floyd it had on it. I'm not a Floyd guy, so trying to make the switch didn't work. I ended up selling it. If it would have been the non-trem model, I would have kept it definitely.

If you have deep pockets the Brian Moore USA Custom shop makes some amazing 7 string guitars...but be prepared to drop 3K.

Rocky said:
If you have deep pockets the Brian Moore USA Custom shop makes some amazing 7 string guitars...but be prepared to drop 3K.

brian moore is on a very limited production for there USA Custom guitars right now since they move facilities. they are focusing more on the korean made lower priced models.

Cool guys, thanks for all the info, if I can manage to find any of these in vegas, I'll give them a shot. 8)

i've heard good things about carvin 7 strings, haven't had a chance to play one though. the only 7 string i have actually played as a christian olde wolbers sig which was pretty sweet (limited on features though: bridge p/u and one volume). if i had the money i'd go for one of these:
img10412692550.jpeg

RJ2213 said:
Rocky said:

brian moore is on a very limited production for there USA Custom guitars right now since they move facilities. they are focusing more on the korean made lower priced models.

Actually they are focusing on their USA models in the US and letting the imports keep them going while they work on making the domestic line better than ever.

Moore's US instruments are so good its sick.

Rocky said:
RJ2213 said:
Rocky said:

Actually they are focusing on their USA models in the US and letting the imports keep them going while they work on making the domestic line better than ever.

Moore's US instruments are so good its sick.

they have recently moved wharehouses/factories and have yet to restart the production in the full swing it was in.

fitz8005 said:
if i had the money i'd go for one of these:
img10412692550.jpeg

i'd kill for a caparison 7string, i'd be in heaven if theyd do a horus 7string. my caparison horus is by far my favorite playing and sounding guitar.

+10000000000 on the caparison recommendation.

Yeah, I want to play a Caparison too, but the guitar selection here is horrid. I am lucky to fund a J-custom Ibanez at a vintage store...

Latest posts

Back