Gibson Explorer

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dr. Tweedbucket

Reaction score
I just picked one up for the first time EVER yesterday! This one has the flamed maple top and mahogany body ! Excellent tone with this baby! :shock:

Any Explorer fans out there?

I just got rid of mine. Cool guitar but it wasnt being used.

I love the explorer shape, to me it's one of the more comfortable guitars. Since I got one, I now know why James Hetfield likes them for playing very fast. They are perfect for fast riffage........

here's my beauty:

100_0104.jpg

-AJH

I've played two or three different Explorers, all the 70's reissue in natural finish...definitely on my long-term wish list. Love the way it rides on my hip, the aggressive dirty sound, and how it "chimes" when you clean it up.

If you like Explorers, you owe it to yourself to play a Hamer USA Standard. You will never look back. The fit and finish on a Gibson can't even come close to the USA Hamers.

DCP_0048.jpg

Elpelotero said:
what mods do you have on that ^^

Its an ESP Edwards EX-105e (now called the 125e on their website). It's in cloudy black and all mahogany w/rosewood fingerboard. I got it from a Japanese guitar store on the bay (katana guitars), and it came with dual EMG-81's but I replaced the neck with a EMG-60 and it sounds great. It's got Gotoh tuners that work amazing, bone nut (I believe) and the bridge is nice as well. I plan on painting it gloss black and having the top overlaid with Black Powder coated Diamond Plating (probably by sharp concepts) and turning it into a JH-2 look alike 8) That'll possibly come next christmas.......We'll see....

-AJH

I have:

Gibson Explorer Gothic
Gibson Explorer 'RI - White (a'la Papa Het)
Edwards Edwards Satin
Epiphone Korina

If you want to see a great explorer collection head over to www.matthiasjabs.com

edgarallanpoe said:
If you like Explorers, you owe it to yourself to play a Hamer USA Standard. You will never look back. The fit and finish on a Gibson can't even come close to the USA Hamers.
(image)
Yup, ...
girls-vanessax2.jpg

Microdomus said:
My current collection:

Explwhoremania.jpg

More to come...

OMG, is this for real or did you boost the pic!? **** i wanna cry, i had to retire my explorer due to a broken truss rod. and **** i want a new one...

That is a nice collection. good thing you don't live near me, i'd be nagging you to let me come over and play!

Back