American series Strat volume issue

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

old-guy

Reaction score
Hi Guys!
I bought a new American Deluxe Series Strat. Does anyone know why the volume control has a "major drop off" if you lower it below
#7? I asked the guy at the store and he said "that's just the way the new ones are." So from 0 to 6 the volume control is basically worthless? He said you usually play Strats "wide open" any way, so it really doesn't make a difference. I did go to a different store and try the same model Strat. Same thing, volume drops way off below #7. The guy there said the same thing. "That's the way they are." But no one could tell me WHY.
Fender does not have any direct (e-mail or phone) contact with the general public, so I couldn't even contact them. The guitar sounds and plays great, so I bought it. But I'd still like to know what the deal is with the volume control. Anybody out there know?????????

Thanks for your help!

Bob M.

Hey There. I did find Fender's Consumer Relations Dept. phone number. 480-596-7195. Have you tried this number? It was buried on their website. Maybe they can direct you to someone who may be able to answer your question. Good Luck.

Thanks Brewski!

Thanks for the phone number. I'll try them on Monday. I appreciate it very much. I'm a firm believer in "going right to the source" for info.
You're good. I looked all over their web site and couldn't find a number.

As far as replacing the pot it's not that easy. The guitar has the new S-1 switching that reconfigures the pickups from series to parallel. There's a push button in the center of the volume control knob. If I put a standard pot in then I lose the switching capability. (which I happen to like)

Thanks for the response guys!

Bob M.

Back