Any body herd of MATON!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael

Reaction score
Hi guys, im not expecting many of you guys to have herd the name MATON before, but i thought i'll introduce it to this forum. Maton are an Australian Guitar, before you think oww he's a Aussie and he plays a Maton this is going to be a bias post, its not goint to be. Maton make a large range of accusticks and the electrics are called Maton Mastersounds. Many Australian International bands use these, ive read review where they basiclly said "I keep my rare's and expensives, Gibsons, Guild, Gretchs, Fenders etc. to record with and i take my Maton's on the road with me"

They are actully the Highest rated Guitar in Australian Guitar Magazine. They road test and review all makes modles of guitars amps, effects etc, and they said it sounded just as good as ne Fender, Gibson etc. but what boosted the rating up is its price, the reviewed modle retail for $1200 AUS so its cheeper for most of you guys. The one reviewed modle MS500 the one i play has a single coil in the front and a humbucker in the rear, its an awseom soundign guitar. My next door nabour has been playign guitar for about 30years and owns various Old US strats and gibby's as well as a new cheeper Epiphone, and he said allthough he woudl never part with his early ones he made me prommis if i ever sell my guitar he'll buy it, and is currently looking at buying a new one for himself, (btw he has a maton acustic valued at $5200 Australian :S yikes)

Saying this if you guys ever get the chance to play one DO SO! I know alot of you guys are on constent TONE SEARCHING QUESTS, those of you who are shodul check out there site, for a great looking and great sounding guitar, very cheep of overseas buyers as your doller is better then our austrlian dollar :(

http://www.maton.com.au/electrics.asp

Let me know what you guys think and if ne1 has actully played one.
Michael

My daughter watches a TV show on Disney channel called "The Wiggles." They play Maton guitars! My wife took her to the live stage show a few months ago, and said the music was fabulous.

LOL YES YES YES OMFG u had to bring that up :lol: lol, yeah he plays a maton, the same modle as mine but his is a custom job by memory. Um lets never talk about that one again LOL, considerign the target audience is 4-10 LOL o well there multi-multi-multi millionaries now.
But yeah awseom guitars. At least you reconised it :p

A friend of mine was on an overseas cruise and said that if he got to Australia, he was going to pick up a Maton 12 string, while he was there. He has a pretty good knowledge of guitars, as his son is a luthier.
He holds those guitars in pretty high regard.

Michael plays a Maton like Murry from the Wiggles. Nah Nah Nah Nah Nahhhhh Nahhhhhhhhh!!! :D

My kids LOOOOOVE the wiggles. Thoes guys netted $40M Aus last financial year. I bet they are the guys laughting at us. :shock:

Sanchez

Brewski was he buying a 12 string electric or acustic???? Why doesnt' your friend order one????

Sanchez SHUT UP LOL :oops: :lol:
I played one first 8)
Pat from Grinspoon plays one and the guitarist from killing hedi plays one aswell "i think it was a review i read form him saying he takes his Maton's on the raod and leaves the Gibson's at hi house"

$40million, yeahhhhhh but they have to splite it liek 4 ways so thats only $10each for a year work, hardley worth braging rights :( :cry: LOL :lol:

Michael

guess its personal taste - im in sydney myself and downunder is just saturated with matons to a point where i cant stand it. personally i prefer martins and taylors - myself i own 2 taylors at the moment. not to discredit matons, its just personal flavour.

ps: whats with the hardcore typos??

Sorrry LOL i just type really quick :oops: , pluss im a bad speller, not to that extent, but yeah its a matter of typing too fast. I agree theres alot of Matons around now, every shop is a dealer, but why what that vary yoru personal prefrence??? Every shop i go into has gibsons, and the market is saturated with them doesn't vary me oppionon. Owell that jsut it it's your oppion so i should say nething. So your played a few??? Maton shoudl of only let so many shops per area sell them, but the obviously move them there good guitars. Yeah lots of good guitars are coming out of this country atm somthing to be very proud of, with many at world class standerds, ever played a Belman before there nice guitars???

Michael

Latest posts

Back