The Boogie Board

Discussion Forum for Mesa Boogie Products
It is currently Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:48 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:08 am 
Bottle Rocket

Hello,

What is it? In my case it was a Yamaha SG 2000, tobacco burst. I picked it up used for $425 (canadian) but in super mint condition. I got it in 1977 or 1978 and frankly it just killed the Les Pauls built late 70's IMHO. I was stoopid stoopid stoopid to ever let it go

Please help

I didn't find the right solution from the internet.

References:
https://www.jbonamassa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=11493
Business video marketing studio

Thanks

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 7:18 pm 
Triple Recto

My only regret but had to sell it was a 1984 Les Paul custom Spot light with low serial number. 009, The only way I could tell it was mine was the first 0 had was missing the top part of the number. I was like that when I bought it in 1984. Limited edition, only 52 were made. I bought it new for $899 (it list for $2000) but the store had it for so long it did not move. Not a damn thing wrong with it. When I was going through a divorce in 1999, I sold the guitar and got back what I paid for it. What a loss. It is even more painful to find your old guitar on Reverb. Yep, that guitar in the reverb page was mine. It is sad to see the condition it is in. It was still in mint condition when I sold it. I like the claim on the case though, that is not the original case the guitar came with. I did miss the guitar after selling it, but I did not miss the weight of it. When I saw the price it sold for.... that was a slap in the face, a good slap at that. :shock:

https://reverb.com/item/1319772-gibson- ... ue-natural

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:56 pm 
Mark II

Honestly I have had a few guitars that I bought and later sold for the simple reason that I didn't like them enough to play them much. And if I had any of those guitars back I'd probably sell it the next time I ran short on money and needed to raise cash fast.

Of all of them, the Knaggs Kenai (tier 2) in Winter Solstice is the first one I'd buy back but not for a penny more than I sold it for. And it IS a really great guitar.

I had a PRS Employee Guitar, an SC245 with a quilt top. It's another great guitar. But though it was pretty much an example of perfect craftsmanship and played and sounded great, it never rang all my bells so I'd probably only buy it back if I got a discount OR a fairly large lottery win and had money to waste.

I've had three Strats, two of them being early 80s Elites. Great clean tones, not great in overdrive. Pretty guitars, though. If I played clean primarily I'd have probably kept one of them.

I've had a few Gibsons, a 1979 ES-335, a 1973 L5-S, and a 1984 "Artist Original" series Explorer with a Kahler tremolo. That one is very, very rare but that doesn't mean it's valuable. I would not buy it back. In fact I'd probably decline to buy any of them back.

I build my own guitars. Every guitar I own (seven) is one of my own creations. They just keep WINNING when compared to anything else that gets into my hands. And there are more in (slow) production in my garage shop.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:34 pm 
Donating Member

Regret -

ImageIMG_4631 by John Bazzano, on Flickr

Replacement -

Image2010 Gibson Les Paul traditional by John Bazzano, on Flickr

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:57 pm 
Mark IV

1979 Gibson Les Paul Custom.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:10 am 
Mark II

Ibanez JPM100P3 i miss sometimes. But it got replaced by R7 les Paul with good price so that’s kinda good.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:26 am 
Mark II

1984 Gibson Explorer Heritage Series. Busted my butt at my first job pushing carts as a kid for an entire summer.
Cost $525 brand new and the music shop ordered it once I paid $450. I visited that damn guitar for weeks just to look at it.

Had to sell it to get rent money in college.

93 97 98 PRS CE24
94 98 G&L Legacy
94 G&L ASAT Special
95 G&L S-500
99 Peavy Wolfgang
11 Gibson LP Studio 60

69 Bandmaster Head
88 Quad Pre
91 & 92 Simul 295
92 DC-5
96 Mark IV Maple/Wicker
98 5150 combo