what is the best metal guitar for the Roadster 2x12 combo?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stumblefly

Reaction score
Hello,
I have a roadster 2x12 combo, and am shopping for a new guitar (fixed bridge) and looking for idea's.

Now for context: I play in a 4 piece band -
I am more of the rhythm player- Roadster combo
we have a singer/guitar player - Stiletto combo w/ les paul studio
Bass -bb750 gibson rd
drums - yamaha stage custom

We do alot of drop D tuning, still some standard though, not too much clean but I would like to have some good cleans to utilize the roadsters other channels - would like to do more clean stuff in the near future. I just want an all around good guitar that is especially good at metal rhythm with a fixed bridge. I was thinking about the ibanez prestige- new or used(ebay,cl) is ok maybe $700-1100 price range -give me some ideas-

I play an Ibanez Prestige RGA121 with my Roadster 2x12. I have a Dimarzio Breed in the bridge. Great tone from clean to full on metal and everything in between.

i will check that model out & the Pups too- I have an older Ibanez RG($450- 6 yrs ago) lower model I've had for years that I am playing through presently. I am just out of the loop on pick ups and whether a gibson or schecter- I am leaning on something used so i can get more bang for my buck-Hey thats how got my roadster! 8)

LithiumZero said:
I play an Ibanez Prestige RGA121 with my Roadster 2x12. I have a Dimarzio Breed in the bridge. Great tone from clean to full on metal and everything in between.

Man - I've seen that guitar on Craigslist and e-bay - it is definitely right up my alley- not sure what model mine is

http://i1346.photobucket.com/albums/p700/deelow9/IMG_0094_zps20d24b17.jpg

Latest posts

Back