WB custom pickups (buyer beware)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Machine Gun

Reaction score
Just thought I would vent a little here. I ordered a set of UV 20 pickups from WB pickups a year ago, Sep 07. Three weeks later I got the pickups, installed them in my guitar, and was not happy with them. I thought they didn't sound as advertised, so I called Will B. and told him. He said he would rewind me a set as he thought it was due to a bad batch of wire, and that I could send them back once I got the replacements. Never got the pickups. After months of phone calls and emails, I sent the pickups back and requested a refund. No response (it has been extremely difficult for me to get someone on the phone). After more phone calls trying to get something other than an answering machine, Will told me he would send a refund and apologized for letting me "slip through the cracks."

After more months of "slipping through the cracks," Will tried to send a Paypal refund. I didn't have a certified account with them so I asked Will if he could refund another way. He said he would send a check and insisted on sending a free set of pickups, even though I told him it wasn't necessary. Never saw the check or the free set of pickups.

To make a long story short, I spent 6 months trying to get pickups and another 6 months trying to get my money back. I bet I have spent more money on phone calls than the price of the pickups! No joke! They have been dishonest to me repeatedly and I have lost all hope of getting "MY money" back. About four weeks ago I left a message on his answering machine stating my complete and utter dissatisfaction with his company and customer service, and of course, with no response.

I just thought it was my duty to get this out there, so anyone interested in buying some pickups will think long and hard about getting them from WB custom pickups. There are plenty of other companies out there that will treat you much better and actually send you pickups. I would have been somewhat satisfied if Will had just told me he didn't have the money, but no, he promised me a refund. By the way, read some of the reviews in Harmony Central for his pickups. This should make you think twice before ordering.

Latest posts

Back