Total noob power tube question...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

exbest182

Reaction score
Ok, I'm a moron... and all my previous Mesa amps have been simul-class.

So I recently picked up a brand new stiletto - for some reason it was missing an EL34, so I went out and of course bought a new pair... the missing tube is on the outside of the 4, are non-simul amps the same setup as simul, as far as inner pair and outer pair? I don't want to replace the wrong ones.... I'm assuming they are, and I should just pull the other outer tube, but I just wanted to double check to be safe.

Yes you are correct, the pairs are inner and outer. If the amp is brand new the tubes are covered for 6 months. Your dealer should have replaced the MIA tube free of charge, unless you bought used of course.

If the replacement pair is the same color grade as the ones in there now you only need to replace the missing one.

BTW- The 3-ch Dual (as listed in your signature) is not simul-class either and the power tubes are paired the same as the Stiletto.

Dom

Thanks!

I bought it from an authorized mesa dealer via ebay - he said it's never been demo'd or anything and it looks brand new.. all stock mesa tubes - i asked about it, and he said they pulled a tube to test on another amp and just overlooked putting it back in.... he refunded me the cost of the tubes which was cool, and I bought stock Mesa tubes...

Yea, I know the Dual Rec. isn't simul - i haven't even got to play with it yet :( it's still at mesa for repair, it'll be coming back with all new tubes I got from doug's tubes - i purchased it without tubes, so i picked up a matched quad for it... kind wish they'd fix it already :(

Latest posts

Back