Surprise - a noob with a Roadster and tone questions

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Proximity and volume have a lot to do with feedback! Maybe your problem lies within your guitars and active pups?

I am in the process of retubing...I have a Tung Sol in V1 and have already noticed a bit of a difference. I am not sure I know which positions are cathode followers and which are not. I am presuming the follower positions would be V2,4,6 ?

New tubes made the difference, I can say now, that I found what I was looking for. Thanks to all that replied.

That is great to hear.

I have had the Roadster for a few weeks and really like the stock tubes in this amp. I can get a good singing and sustaining feedback in 3 of the 4 channels. Never really tried the tweed maxed out. Definitely Brit, and any mode in CH3 and CH4 it is capable. (raw and vintage are not as dominant as the Modern, best to use diode vs tube tracking). However, I am loving the tube rectifier tracking. Also depends on the guitar too. I have two strat type guitars with hot bridge pickups. Lace Sensor Hot Golds, may have a very high resistance but the resonant frequency at 2.5kHz really makes for an awesome bridge pickup (not brittle like a standard strat or Carvin S60A (both my strat type guitars are Carvin Bolt C (Floyd Rose bridge). The Lace Sensor were the key ingredient for a hot P90 sound in a small single coil package. Actually one of the guitars has the Dually bridge. I actually like the single coil at an angle the best.

I use Strat style guitars as well, my main two are: Schecter C1 with a Floyd, it is equipped with EMG active humbuckers (81/89); the other is a Carvin ST300 with active electronics including the piezo bridge. So far, I enjoy the versatility of this amp but have not yet gigged with it.

Back