Stiletto deuce stage 2 new owner!!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dual rec king

Reaction score
Hey every one just got a stiletto deuce stage 2off the Evil bay for $1,036. And it sounds amazing it beats my dual recto in a lot of ways. Its not fizzy, its really bright which I like and it just destroys it for leads. Any ways I have a couple of questions about it. I understand that the 50watt mode only uses 2 El34's and not all 4 does this mean I can take 2 of the el34s out? or is it not like the dual rectifier. And if I can which tubes would I be pulling because I have 2 GT e34ls Id like to put in but Im not sure if I can mix say 2 matched rubys with my 2 matched GT tube. or I would instead of pulling tubes out. Thanks

Im not sure if you can pull the tubes, but I think 50 watt mode would use the inside pair of 34's. Not 100% on that though.

50 watt mode uses the outer tube sockets. I called Mesa and inquired when I wanted to use the 2 x STR 450 power tubes I had kicking around. They told me to just put them in the 50 watt sockets (the outer sockets) I'm using STR 450's in the outer sockets and STR 447's in the inner sockets.

srf399 said:
50 watt mode uses the outer tube sockets. I called Mesa and inquired when I wanted to use the 2 x STR 450 power tubes I had kicking around. They told me to just put them in the 50 watt sockets (the outer sockets) I'm using STR 450's in the outer sockets and STR 447's in the inner sockets.

I hear ya. my cavin legacy actually uses the two inner sockets when in 50 watt mode.
How about that carvin legacy II
You diggin it :)

Yeah... I really like the Legacy II. When I first got it I really preferred it over the Stiletto...but.... I'm warming up to the Stiletto again. They are just very different sounding amps IMO. The Legacy has a very acoustic sounding clean when compared to the Stiletto. I wish the Legacy had a bit more gain like the Stiletto but the Legacy II has an absolutely awesome lead voicing that is so fat, smooth and articulate and is so nice to play with. It tracks really really well. I am using Dimarzio Breeds with these amps and I find they tame the Stiletto's brightness but I think the Legacy was designed to be fat and smooth to offset the Dimarzio Evo's that Vai uses in his main guitar. When I got the Legacy I was planning to sell the Stiletto but now I think I will just keep both. :)

Do you really want to do that? I find I need the 100W setting for clean, but use the 50W setting for dirty.....

-Brad

If you find it a little too bright, back down on the master knob a little, and compensate with the output knob...

Back