• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

***SOLD***Road King II v2 head for sale-ultramint-$1800 OBO

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GLiDE

Reaction score
*****************RELISTED, back up for sale again... DOHHHHHH *********************************** 1/3/09

It's on FleaBay: http://cgi.ebay.com/Mesa-Boogie-Roa...emQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item414beffd6f

**************************************Update 12/29/09**************************************************************
Finally got the beast downstairs... you can only imagine a flight of hardwood stairs, a kazillion pound amp head, and a medical boot... aCk!!!
Should have pics later on today or tonight.

I forgot that I haven't even taken the 3 tags off the amp handle or the tag off the power chord. Have the full set of paperwork in the original brown
heavy plastic case/bag. Original receipt is April 2008, so there is about 3.5 years of transferable warranty left on her.

Besides the money situation below, I cranked this thing up twice around 4pm and my ******* neighbor's wife couldn't handle an hour or two of intense
nirvana. Needless to say, I never got to fully enjoy the amp anymore since my next step was a $1000 fine. I could see if it was for hours and hours or
at night, but this chick is a beeeaaaatttcccchhhh to say the least.

Oh well, it's just like when she came out the box, tags and all. Paid the standard $2789 and some change (think that's right, +/- $50). If someone wants
one like new for a hell of a lot less, and no one local jumps it, she's a beaut...
**************************************Update 12/29/09**************************************************************

I ordered this Road King II v2 head about a year ago. I'll be glad to put up pics or email some if there is
any interest in the amp before I slut it out locally, on Ebay, or other means. I haven't even played it enough
to really break the tubes in good. Never gigged!!! Never been outside my smoke free house!!!

Haven't had time yet to take pics, so I'll try to post them shortly, or I'll take some and email them
if you pm me with an email address to contact you. I'm in South Carolina near Charleston and
purchased it from an authorized local Mesa dealer (only one nearby), Ye Olde Music.

Amp is a beast. I now have a ruptured achilles tendon and could use some extra cash for the surgery and rehab
since I'm invitro fertilization poor already... jeez...

Trying to get $1800.00 net with shipping and Paypal fees paid by the user, although it sounds like Ebay check is the way
to go with the $5 max transaction fee, if it's still applicable. Price is negotiable. My Ebay userid is
glide-bpm and you can see my 100% rating with way over 100 transactions (all private, non-dealer).
I expect shipping costs for the buyer to be around $130-$150 since I'll be letting a shipping shop like
UPS Store pack it instead of me trying to piecemeal it together. No chances with this thing. Sales to USA mainland only.
Canadian shipping will be considered on a case by case basis, but I don't want to somehow get charged back for some
kind of customs fees, as I have never shipped outside the USA.

I have all manuals, candy, footswitch, covers/cases that came with the amp. I'm not 100% sure I have the original box
in the attic, but if not, it will be professionaly packed by the shipper in front of me to ensure quality protection.

I'm pretty sure I have email notification on for pm's and replies to the thread. If not, I should be checking multiple times
per day.

Thanks for any interest,
Will

I am looking for an RKII and I'm working on coming up with the money right now.

I realize that you are looking for it sooner and I completely understand, but I'll be in touch as soon as possible. I have a couple of guitars that I'm trying to sell right now and if they go, I should have the money.

If not, good luck with the surgery and I'll continue my search!

The Hook said:
I am looking for an RKII and I'm working on coming up with the money right now.

I realize that you are looking for it sooner and I completely understand, but I'll be in touch as soon as possible. I have a couple of guitars that I'm trying to sell right now and if they go, I should have the money.

If not, good luck with the surgery and I'll continue my search!

Depends on how long it takes... it's not like it has gone anywhere yet. hehehehe
Post surgery is gonna be worse than the cuttin'. 6-8 in a cast/boot, then months and months of therapy. aCk!!!

Here are the pics. Notice on the extreme closeup of the top of the amp that there is NO dirt in the leather/vinyl grooves.
Will ship with original receipt. I'm sure that will come in handy for the warranty. :mrgreen:

The amp will be inside the heavy gator amp head case shown with plenty of extra padding between the amp and
the padded walls of the amp case. I believe the amp case has 1/2" to 3/4" well padded walls and bottom with a soft padded lid.
This will in turn be boxed and padded well, so the amp will have very good protection.

img0587q.jpg

img0586xk.jpg

img0585e.jpg

img0584hc.jpg

img0583k.jpg

img0580x.jpg

img0578ui.jpg

img0577h.jpg

img0576r.jpg

img0575g.jpg

img0573p.jpg

img0572i.jpg

Awesome pics!

Hopefully, the stars will align and I can gain ownership of this amp!

Good luck with everything!

I actually ended up starting the bidding at $1700 with a BIN of $2000.
Got 8 watchers in 2 hours, so there seems to be early interest at least.

I saw that you didn't sell that head on Ebay and I was hoping the best for you.

If it's not gone in a couple of weeks, I'll be able to take it. I just started a new job and get a signing bonus, but I don't get it until after 30 days.

If you sell it in the mean time, that's great, but if not, I'll be in touch.

It actually did sell, but not on Ebay. If it falls through for some reason, it will go back up on FleaBay... hehehe.

Wish the timing was better.

GLiDE

I will probably purchase this in a week or so if it is still here. I'm trading my RK and what I am getting I am selling and buying another one, because right now I don't have the foot switch and it's been bothering me to buy another one for $200.

Back