• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Please Delete-----Deluxe Voodoo Modded 3 Ch Dual Rec

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

siggy14

Reaction score
Sold.....

I have a 3 channel dual rec that has the deluxe mod by voodoo plus the serial loop mod. Amp is loaded with Mesa 5881's and JJ Pre-amps. Comes with footswitch/cord and crappy flimsy road case. I believe I still have the paper work for the voodoo mod's.

To Answer the most basic questions I know I will be asked,
1. No I do not have the original output transformer, was never given back to me.
2. I only ship to lower 48 USA.
3. If you use pay pal I will only ship to confirmed address
4. Yes I take E-Check but must clear before I ship amp.

Here is a break down of the Mods.

The Deluxe Mod is the standard plus the deluxe combined, here is a description.

Standard Mod™
Circuitry Modifications
Description/Specs:
All Modifications are exclusive to Voodoo Amps®
Rectifier series is one of the top 5 amps we mod the most
Restructure the gain - remove the fizzy/fuzzy/buzzy qualities & increase the gain/distortion
Breath taking for leads or single note passages
Faster attack - tracks every note you play immediately
Improved note articulation - more articulate/defined/clear
Harmonics will leap off from the fretboard with ease
No matter how much gain you use you can still hear all the notes within the chords
When you turn the gain control to 10 - it's all useable
Greatly improved clean tones - more airy/chimey/open sounding & lush (Fender Twin)
Lows, mids to highs are much more balanced across the frequency spectrum
Dramatically improved bottom end - no more loose/mushy bottom
Cranked tones at lower volumes
EQ section is much more active and responsive allowing for unlimited tonal possibilities
Amp will cut through & sit in the mix much better live as well as in the recording studio
All features & functions still operate the same - no holes drilled
Voodoo Add-On™ controls are not available for this model
Voodoo Mods™ retain your amps resale value verses decreasing it

Deluxe Mod™ $594.00
Output Transformer Upgrade to Standard Mod™

Description/Specs:

Includes Standard Mod™ (see above)
Includes Upgraded Mercury Magnetics Voodoo-Designed™ VA-REC120-O Output Transformer
$249.00 & $50.00 Installation fee (included)
Vastly increased sustain - leads are much more liquid like & fluid
Effortless Pinch / artificial harmonics
Greatly improved articulation & definition
Increased / richer bass response
Increased even-order harmonics (IE: sounds much more musical)
Massive rhythm tones - when you hit a chord it's there immediately
Increased headroom (cleans stay cleaner & louder at gigging/stage volumes) better than a Fender Twin™

Series FX-Loop Mod™: $99.00
Converts amp from Parallel Fx-Loop to Series Fx-Loop
Greatly improves tone when using effects in the loop
Recommended for time based effects (IE: delays, etc) & modulation effects (IE: chorus, flange, etc)
Important Fx Assign & Footswitch ability is not available.
Important Please be aware that If you are not inserting effects into the Fx-Loop audio will not pass - Set the loop to "bypass" or install a single instrument cable into the Fx-Loop Send & Return jacks.

If you were to buy a dual rec used you would pay about $1200, then $594 for the deluxe mod plus $99 for the Serial loop mod and about $45 shipping each way, so you would pay roughly $1983, so save yourself some money by buying mine.

I am asking $1500 Firm + Shipping+ Pay Pal Fee if you choose to use pay pal and yes I will take E-Check. Check my feedback on ebay, user name is zerodc.

You still selling the head? Does it have any humming or noise? Does all the foot pedel switch function with the head?

Sorry for the late reply, always best to PM me. Anyway I sold the head, but to answer your questions, no humming, and all footswitch buttons worked except solo because Never did the final mod on it.

animusofabbas said:
You still selling the head? Does it have any humming or noise? Does all the foot pedel switch function with the head?

Amp is back up for sale, my friend has hit some heard times and never finished paying me off so he gave me back the amp to sell to recoup our money.

Asking $1400 which is a great deal considering how mucy you would pay for one of these new.

About to go on ebay, but figured I would give you guys last chance. Price dropping to $1225+ Shipping, if you pay via pay pal I would prefer either e-check or gift option.

Latest posts

Back