Road King RAW voice on channel 3&4 ?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phil110567

Reaction score
Hi there!

I just wonder if you, Roadking/Roadster users, use the RAW voicing of you amp ?

I feel this voice (RAW) is interesting because it's a deep and neutral tone which has a rich harmonics content (used in 6L6+EL34 multi cab mode).
I'd like to use this channel/voice as a pedal plateform for gain pedals like fuzz, octavia or distortion.
But for this application I wish it was more dynamic (less compressed) cleaner and more transparent (less round).
Though I don't have a very high output guitar pickups, It's very difficult to use this voice as an alternate clean because it gets into a compressed crunch very fast)

Do you know about some changes (like preamp tube swapping / pot values changes / EQ in the loop Tips) allowing me to change the gain structure on channel 3 or 4 so I can get less gain more headroom and more transparent tone ???

(I don't want to use clean in channel 1 for this application because it's based on 6L6 and channel 2 is used in brit mode...)

Yes, it may sound odd to request a mean for having less gain...

nah, there is plenty of gain on tap. try other preamp tubes in the right positions for less gain, etc..

and yes, the raw mode is very tasty. but I really like the power amp hit you get on modern

Latest posts

Back