PRS Help!!!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael

Reaction score
I didn't know PRS's made a cheeper alternative from Korea?? I rang this guy about this PRS and he said it was a Korean made one! Are these any good when he said Korean made i nearly hung up the phone LOL it's really cheep is this to good to be true? Is it wel hmmmmmmmmmmm ****! LOL my dream guitar is a PRS, i allways thought they were all made in america with no cheaper alternatives? Any one delt or played these guitars?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/PRS-TREMONTI-SE_W0QQitemZ7373131912QQcategoryZ2384QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Thanks Michael

Yeah, as a matter of fact, I have the Platinum version of this guitar. Don't expect them to be on the same caliber of the American made models, but they are very good for their price range. I know quite a few guys who own SE models to plink around on even if they have an American model (or 12). Most of the guys will do little personalization mods to them that make them really fantastic guitars.

I installed a set of PRS Artist series pickups that I won in a raffle. The stock pickups are the weakest link on these guitars, not that they're really bad. Fortunately, they're about the easiest thing to change. I'd also recommend a set of CTS pots if you're changing out the electronics.

I also put a set of TonePros locking studs on mine. These things are about a $50(American) mod that you'll never regret installing. They will add a lot of life to the instrument. If you decide that you are interested in a set, email me at [email protected] and I'll hook you up with the guy I get mine from. He'll get you about the best deal you can get on a set of them. Just a side note, I have TonePros installed on my American made PRSi as well.

Don't get me wrong here. These are easily the class guitars of anything in their price range. But over time if you make a few minor changes to them (nothing structural), you'll have a totally killer guitar.

I wish people would give up the lawsuit tactic. It's only been what, three months since the decision was overturned?

The SE's are just like most Korean guitars in that the QC isn't quite strict enough. I'd have to play one in person before buying it as I did with my Epiphone a few years back.

Thanks guys, as you can see my internet was playing up (hence the two posts) and sadly the auction ended while i was at the Green Day concert last night (F^@%ing Unbelievable) becuase my internet was playing up i didnt' get your posts so i didnt' get the guitar. I'll keep my eye out though and the information was very valuable thank you i apricate it.

Michael

I have the tremonti SE, its a really great guitar for the money, i got mine 399 new at GC. since then i have added:
the Tremonti signiture pickups which made a huge difference
tonepros wraparound stoptail piece with adjustable intonation which also made a large improvement
i have also coil tapped the neck pickup for a bit more range in tone.
its a great guitar, plays a lot nicer than almost every les paul i have played, and it sounds better too. the only thing that was a QC problem was a little spot of glue or something next to one of the frets, but it doesnt effect the playability at all. well i hope this helps
-James

Latest posts

Back