orderd a quad of G12H-75 Creambacks

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im tempted but its really the economics of space and of my rule that for something coming in something should go out. I also have a 2x12 cab w v30s I could always put the Marshall on or sell it and keep the 4x12. I really have not decided but the idea of a pair of half stacks is rather sexy. But since I dont play out anymore and this is mostly my home studio its a bit silly. :) I started down this path to have something quickly interchangeable. I wonder if anyone has an aby pedal for speaker inputs. :)

On another note, I have a THD Hotplate and I run that sometimes and it seems ok but I wonder if anyone has used either of the Rivera attenuators? They seem a bit better. I also have a Two Notes Live loadbox for direct recording when I dont want to use the mic and that is an interesting toy.

peterdenny said:
Im tempted but its really the economics of space and of my rule that for something coming in something should go out. I also have a 2x12 cab w v30s I could always put the Marshall on or sell it and keep the 4x12. I really have not decided but the idea of a pair of half stacks is rather sexy. But since I dont play out anymore and this is mostly my home studio its a bit silly. :) I started down this path to have something quickly interchangeable. I wonder if anyone has an aby pedal for speaker inputs. :)

On another note, I have a THD Hotplate and I run that sometimes and it seems ok but I wonder if anyone has used either of the Rivera attenuators? They seem a bit better. I also have a Two Notes Live loadbox for direct recording when I dont want to use the mic and that is an interesting toy.

I have the Rivera RockCrusher Recording Attenuator. It works quite well and have used it with the Roadster and Mark V. I had considered the Two Notes torpedo products but I do not record with a DAW program. I know you can use the onboard speaker emulation but could not justify the cost. One thing about attenuators is that they may enhance the mids. At least the Rock Crusher has treble and bass enhancement switches. I only use it for recording purposes as I can combine a microphone and the rock crusher output together on my Tascam DP-32SD multitrack recorder. Here is my sound cloud... may not be great but it is something.....

This one was done using the Roadster attenuated and connected to the OS Recto cab. CH4 Modern for the Rhythm set to 100W, Lead was CH3 on vintage voice at 50W. I used a preamp cocktail that someone in the forums said would sound good. Why not try it out as I had the tubes. I was planning on repeating with the Mark V but that never happened. As for the drumming, I am a beginner so may not be the best.

https://soundcloud.com/user-353100000/roadster1-zwav

This one was done with the Mark V, CH3 set to extreme. Speaker in the combo was a Celestion Cream 90W Alnico. Had to make an extension cable so I could use the combo speaker.
https://soundcloud.com/user-353100000/tempted01wav

All of the other recordings I used a Boss GT100 as I did not have to deal with mics. There may be a few other test tracks I have used the Roadster and Rivera Rock crusher as I was trying it out after I got it.

Well the cab showed up and its got some hash and scuffing and a small hole in the screen. Not ideal but its not terrible though disappointing. What is weird is that it has a full back instead of an open half and 4 C90s. I can see where someone used a screwdriver to pry off the back so I am guessing this was shipped originally with V30s. I dont love V30 and I have those two 16ohm CB75 so not a huge issue but its disappointing just the same. I did call boogie and they said anything is possible and that the sn is a RK from 2007 but who knows what was done or if it was a custom order. He sent pics to the cabinet maker to ask if that is likely that they would do 4xc90. That aside I have a call out to the GC manager because to me this is basically a recto cab and the condition is worse than advertised. Ill have to decide if I want to keep it but Id like some money back. Below are some pics. Not exactly the same material as my head but very close. It doesnt have the black specks but that isnt any big deal to me. Peter

DSC04400_zps7ggj7qqr.jpg

DSC04397_zpsuc9rqocy.jpg

DSC04398_zpsnqsrnesa.jpg

DSC04395_zps3kqrmefl.jpg

Back