Odd Rect-o-Verb

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

noghiri

Reaction score
I picked up a used Single Rectifier/Rect-O-Verb combo for 400$ a couple months back. It seems to be a somewhat odd duck.

After doing some research, I found there were two versions of the Single Rectifier line. Version 1 appears to have two settings on the distorted channel, and a smaller reverb unit, while the Version 2 has a Raw setting on the distorted channel, has a full reverb tank, the ability to switch between EL34 and 6L6 tubes, and a soloing volume boost.

My amp has two settings on the distorted channel (no raw), no ability to switch between power tube types, the full reverb tank, and the soloing volume boost. The back panel also matches that in the Rectoverb V1 manual. All spacing and lettering looks pretty much the same, no obvious differences.

Does anyone have an idea of what I have?

(pictures will follow, I need to drag this thing out of its spot over to where there's sufficient light for photo-taking)

I think the ROV v.1 combos must have several versions. I've noticed that some have the SOLO circuit, but the manual doesn't show it.
The manual shows Master channel volumes, but the amps I've seen don't have them :?

All the series 1 have a solo boost. I've heard of people adding the big reverb tank, and I wouldn't be surprised if that had been done to yours. But you never know, lots if small revisions seem to happen over time in mesas amps. Either way I would say your better off the larger reverb tank. I was very disappointed in the small chassis mounted reverb that was in my series 1 rectoverb. It really fell flat compared to the reverb sound my tremoverb has. Good score on the price too. I think the rectoverbs are great priced underrated amps.

tele twister said:
I think the ROV v.1 combos must have several versions. I've noticed that some have the SOLO circuit, but the manual doesn't show it.
The manual shows Master channel volumes, but the amps I've seen don't have them :?
Mine does have the Master channel volumes.

UA, the casing of the reverb tank seems to be stock on cursory examination, but... it could have been just a very carefully done DIY job, or sent to a tech.

It came with a set of SED =C= power tubes, and sounds really good. The reverb tank doesn't actually work, but oddly enough, its connector is the one bit of the entire thing that seems to have any corrosion. I'm working on cleaning that up, so hopefully that'll be going soon.

I've been looking at more pictures of the ROV v.1 and I think I'm all wrong.
What I thought were missing Master knobs is actually the reverb knobs, which are on the rear panel :oops:
I'm sorry for any bad info.
Hopefully the reverb is a simple fix.

noghiri said:
tele twister said:
Mine does have the Master channel volumes.

UA, the casing of the reverb tank seems to be stock on cursory examination, but... it could have been just a very carefully done DIY job, or sent to a tech.

It came with a set of SED =C= power tubes, and sounds really good. The reverb tank doesn't actually work, but oddly enough, its connector is the one bit of the entire thing that seems to have any corrosion. I'm working on cleaning that up, so hopefully that'll be going soon.

Sweet. Have fun with it. I wanna try the SED =C= tubes in my tremoverb soon. Good score.

Latest posts

Back