New Studio 22+ Owner

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While playing an amp regularly keeps the caps in good shape,remember,just like tubes they dont last forever.Eventually they die.When they die they quite often explode.That mess you see inside the chassis is caustic,best to get it out of there before it eats away at stuff.

nogalian said:
:lol: :lol: Right ON TiPiMods!! Best RX I have recieved in a long time!! :lol: :lol:
My Wife is gonna LOVE this advice!!! :shock:

haha, yes, be careful with loud guitars in the house. On the gear site of Scott Henderson I found this: "The big mistake (again) on this record was made during overdubbing at home.... My wife wasn't too happy about my abandonment of the speaker attenuation gear but she put up with it, and I was thankful, knowing that really loud guitar in the house has probably been the cause of some divorces."

I have a soundproof recording room, about 8qm in my house where all my cabinets and combo amps are stapled. But although isolation is quite good, at night when it is quiet in the house you can hear the guitars up the floor in our bedroom. And I can tell you: she doesn't like that :mrgreen:

As far as hum is an issue:
I found out, that V1 and V2 are very sensitive in this amp. Today I tried some new JJ ECC83S, which have spiral heater fillaments to avoid hum coming from the AC heater current. That did the trick! nearly no hum at all, even with volume and master dimed. I think I will change all preamp tubes to JJs. Great sounding tubes btw too.

Hi there everyone! I'm a new Studio.22+ owner and I ve just found this amazing forum! You are all doing amazing job guyz providing valuable information out there! I would like to ask some questions and I d be very grateful if you could help me out! Firstly, I like 80's thrash tones so this is the reason I ve bought this little amp. I live in apartment and never gig out. I was looking for a Mark III but these amps are hard to come by here in Greece. However, I have managed to to find a good metal tone outta my little studio using the V shaped eq. It has come my realization that the bass control is a trick pony. Could anyone advise me on the settings in order to achieve a metal/thrash tone if possible? Next, I would like to know the differences between Studio.22+ and the Studio preamp (caliber vs studio preamp board). Thx a lot guyz!

Latest posts

Back