New amp and cab day! MKIV content

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BoogiePete

Reaction score
Hi all,

brought this MKIV medium head and cab home a couple of days ago. Had been GASsing for a MKV but went to see this and fell in love with the looks and sound and it was much cheaper than a V. Head and cab (2x12) are western flame maple and un-marked. Love the lead channel!

Pics here:- http://www.mypicx.com/11102011/Boogie_MKIV/

Thanks guys! Not my first MkIV as I owned a combo about 7 years ago so I knew roughly what to expect. This sounds huge with the 2x12. I don't remember my combo sounding as '3D' as this though! I'd forgotten how good the lead channel is on the IV. I have a Les Paul Traditional Goldtop and a Clapton Strat and they both sound great without having to tweak too much when changing from one to the other. Mmmm... think I need to get some decent covers :wink:

BoogiePete said:
Hi all,

brought this MKIV medium head and cab home a couple of days ago. Had been GASsing for a MKV but went to see this and fell in love with the looks and sound and it was much cheaper than a V. Head and cab (2x12) are western flame maple and un-marked. Love the lead channel!

Whoops! Apologies for the huge pic, my first attempt at uploading.

OMFG!! That is beautiful! I am at this exact moment waiting for my new Mark IV 112 combo & 112 cab to show up from UPS here at work. After seeing this I'm losing my freaking mind!!! Congrats Bro, ENJOY!

BoogiePete said:
CHATTERBOX, hope yours turned up! 8)

Have fun!

I'm in! Mine showed up yesterday! It's the short body combo witha 112 recto cab. I'll post pics soon but I won't take away from this thread! Mine is awesome but not as sexy as yours.
Cheerz

Stunning. Bet it sounds incredible. Makes my all black widebody MKIV look so basic....enjoy it!!!! :mrgreen:

Absolutely stunning... I have this folder on my hard disk with all sorts of photos of amazing amps and guitars. Hope you don't mind but your amp just made my folder!
I too own a Mark IVa 1x12 imbuya combo and 1x12 recto box, a great sound but i am thinking of ditching the EV12L as the Vintage 30 in my recto box sounds so much sweeter.

IMG00386-20101117-1939.jpg

THTH, thanks Bud! Yeah, I love the sounds, quite a lot darker sounding with more bottom end than my combo had, understandable with the 2x12 I guess. I loved my combo though. I used to play live a lot and it was great watching peoples jaws hit the floor when I switched to the lead channel. They couldn't believe that the huge sound was coming from such a small amp! 8)

Noe5, you're welcome to the pic mate. That's a nice looking rig you have there!

This amp and cab are now reluctantly up for sale.

Pics here :- http://www.mypicx.com/11102011/Boogie_MKIV/

Now on the Boogie board UK classifieds and Ebay from the weekend.

Cheers,

Pete.

Back