NAD!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spawnofthesith

Reaction score
Scored this export model for a mere $1k! Using a step up transformer right now, but from what I've seen from schematics the exports have multiple taps? So getting in touch with some local techs to see whats up. Serious steal though!

15ce6d12-0bd5-43ce-a74d-076a882df0c7-jpeg.19735

Yeah, no cover, now you have EVH footprints in the Tolex.

Suggestive Hint: if you stack amps on top of each other in storage, use the cover, then place a paper back book under the feet of the amp that is going to sit on top of the other. Prevents the round impressions in the Tolex.

Yeah, no cover, now you have EVH footprints in the Tolex.

Suggestive Hint: if you stack amps on top of each other in storage, use the cover, then place a paper back book under the feet of the amp that is going to sit on top of the other. Prevents the round impressions in the Tolex.
+1

Anything to distribute the weight over a larger area. I carry two 2” x 3/4” thick pieces of synthetic lumber (plastic) that are as long as the amp head is deep in case it’s tight and I need to stack my heads for a set. I originally did it to clear the handle on my TC-100, but I noticed it didn’t leave those annoying spots on the tolex from the amp’s feet.

Long term storage and travel is in a 3/8” ATA case, all my heads have one. They make the head heavy, but no worries about it being in a trailer or trunk is worth it. At rehearsal I just drape a picnic blanket over the half stacks once they cool a bit, more of a dust cover than anything else.

Dom

+1

Anything to distribute the weight over a larger area. I carry two 2” x 3/4” thick pieces of synthetic lumber (plastic) that are as long as the amp head is deep in case it’s tight and I need to stack my heads for a set. I originally did it to clear the handle on my TC-100, but I noticed it didn’t leave those annoying spots on the tolex from the amp’s feet.

Long term storage and travel is in a 3/8” ATA case, all my heads have one. They make the head heavy, but no worries about it being in a trailer or trunk is worth it. At rehearsal I just drape a picnic blanket over the half stacks once they cool a bit, more of a dust cover than anything else.

Dom
Here is mesa's answer:
https://store.mesaboogie.com/products/felt-disks-for-amplifier-feet-424600.html

I use 3 strips of cardboard (4-5" wide) under each side, the thicker the better like you use the plastic. Clears handles, reverb tanks and never leaves those marks. A 3" x 3/8" rounded edges plastic piece with 1/4 to 3/8" felt on the bottom would be ideal me thinks, ~11" long.

I somehow seem to always have plenty of cardboard and bubble wrap....

Last edited:
I am curious to see what speaker is in the Mark IV combo.

Its a C90. Was hoping I'd luck out with an EV but at the price I got it for I can't really complain lol.

I'm considering a headshell conversion, I've often struggled a bit with high gain sounds and an open back cab, but I do appreciate the all in one convenience for gigs (especially since it has casters). Best test will be once I'm able to crank it with the band. Our drummer got covid at our gig last week so practice is off today but should be back in business next week

Its a C90. Was hoping I'd luck out with an EV but at the price I got it for I can't really complain lol.

I'm considering a headshell conversion, I've often struggled a bit with high gain sounds and an open back cab, but I do appreciate the all in one convenience for gigs (especially since it has casters). Best test will be once I'm able to crank it with the band. Our drummer got covid at our gig last week so practice is off today but should be back in business next week
I never cared much for the MC90, for one, it does not get loud enough. The EV will move some air. At least the combo is the same size as the Theile cabinet, but Mesa uses the MC90 in that as well unless you look for an older one when Mesa had used the EV speakers. As a head and a vertical 212 if you want smaller cab or a 412 cab will do. All good stuff.

I never cared much for the MC90, for one, it does not get loud enough. The EV will move some air. At least the combo is the same size as the Theile cabinet, but Mesa uses the MC90 in that as well unless you look for an older one when Mesa had used the EV speakers. As a head and a vertical 212 if you want smaller cab or a 412 cab will do. All good stuff.

Yeah I've got a couple 2x12s I want to try it out with. Although I'm not certain if they'll be the best suited for a mark but worth trying. One is a front loaded with T75s. I also have an EVH 2x12 with H30s but that won't have the power handling for the mark

Yea give it up for the WB 1x12 with the C90. :) Already had a number of cabs when I picked up mine. The initial goal was to use it as test cab but dang it's become the main gigging cab.

Yea give it up for the WB 1x12 with the C90. :) Already had a number of cabs when I picked up mine. The initial goal was to use it as test cab but dang it's become the main gigging cab.

Yeah I'm pretty impressed with it. I very briefly tried it with my 50 watt 5153 too, and it sounded great with that too, more lowend than the 2x12 evh cab

Back