My Mini Mark V 25 Review.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm curious. How do you wire that up? I assume you are using the preamp of one amp into the power amp of the other. I'd like to try that. How do you do it, and what do you do about speaker connections?

Thanks!

Len Rabinowitz said:
I'm curious. How do you wire that up? I assume you are using the preamp of one amp into the power amp of the other. I'd like to try that. How do you do it, and what do you do about speaker connections?

Thanks!
You'd plug your guitar into the Mini Mark then run the fx loop send on the Mini to the fx loop return of the Road King.

ryjan said:
Len Rabinowitz said:

Thanks!
You'd plug your guitar into the Mini Mark then run the fx loop send on the Mini to the fx loop return of the Road King.

Bingo! You have your speaker cab connected to the head your are using for power, in my case the Roadking, on the mini mark turn the speaker option to off. It is a cool option, but I like the mini mark better on its own. Tighter!

Len Rabinowitz said:
Speakers connected to both amps with the volume turned down on one?
Unless you want a very expensive door stop then yeah, I'd run a speaker load in each amp. You won't have anything coming out of the Mini Mark speaker anyway because you didn't connect anything to the fx loop return.

I believe you can set the Mark V:25 cabclone switch to SPEAKER OFF with no speaker load. I've been too chicken to actually do it yet...

Check the manual.

From the manual:

NOTE: IMPORTANT! The SPKR OFF switch position automatically connects a Load Resitor to the SPEAKER Outputs to prevent damage to the output transformer and allow silent (no cabinet connected) direct recording with the XLR D.I. OUT. Selecting SPKR ON defeats the internal Load and connects the signal to the SPEAKER Outputs. DO NOT USE THE AMPLIFIER IN THE SPKR ON SWITCH POSITION WITHOUT A CABINET (LOAD) CONNECTED! Damage to the amplifier will likely occur and is not covered under the Warranty!

When spk off engaged your safe!

Back