• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

MKIII on ebay question

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigmouth

Reaction score
what is this:

http://www.ebay.ch/itm/110795827479?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

?

my green stripe (should be last color version ?) is 25205 (stamped in serial). how come this blue stripe has 28317 (sticker serial) ?

While it may be possible it was ordered as a blue stripe, that stripe sure looks green to me. It's just a swipe with a Magic Marker, the color can fade with sun exposure and look aqua or teal.
It's a greenie.

MrMarkIII said:
While it may be possible it was ordered as a blue stripe, that stripe sure looks green to me. It's just a swipe with a Magic Marker, the color can fade with sun exposure and look aqua or teal.
It's a greenie.

ok ... any idea on when they changed from stamped in serial to a serial sticker ? also my 25205 still has the voltage selector ... this one not ? when did that option get dropped ?

For serial number ranges, call Mesa. The phone is the only way they communicate, they always call back. But don't assume they have exact records because they don't.
The voltage selector is an add-on option, like the graphic EQ or reverb.
Any amp could have it. Or not.
Note that the amp in question is wired for 230 volt operation.
The elephant-hide tolex, the leather corners, the pebble-grain faceplate indicate a very late model green stripe. If that amp is a blue stripe, I'll eat my hat.

Latest posts

Back