Mesa studio 22 non eq bias issue

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phsyconoodler

Reaction score
I have a studio 22 with an odd bias issue. I cannot find an accurate schematic for starters.
The issue I have is the bias voltage is -102vdc. I cannot find an offending bad component in the bias supply that could be causing this. Plus the standby switch on available schematics looks wrong to me.
First amd foremost I need the proper accurate schematic. Is there one available?
Thank you!

Got that one. It's incorrect cause this amp has no eq sliders
I would imagine you ignore the EQ section -- as that was optional on most of them in that era the schematics will usually have the EQ present. If you check any of the Mark II and Mark III schems for example you will see the EQ in the layout but not all left the factory with GEQ. It's a circuit that branches off and returns. If it's not there on your amp you don't worry about it. I don't believe there's more official schematics out there unless someone has done their own perhaps. Mesa schematics are about as hated by techs as the amps themselves are. They also lock the resources up -- the Tube Store was asked to take all the schematics down for legal reasons but the Wayback link makes it possibe to retrieve what they were hosting in the past. Here's the same link today:
https://www.thetubestore.com/mesa-boogie

Last edited:
I would imagine you just ignore the EQ section -- as that was optional on most of them in that era the schematics will usually have the eq present. I don't beleive there's more official schematics out there unless someone has done their own perhaps. Mesa schematics are about as hated by techs as the amps themselves are. They also lock them up -- the Tube Store was asked to take all the schemtaics down for legal reasons but the Wayback link makes it possibe to retrieve what they were hosting in the past.
Nobody maddening this thing is. I used to have the password access to their tech site but I lost it over the years. ****! I'll try a direct call and see where I get

Back