• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

For Sale Mesa Coliseums -- Mark IIB+, Mark III no-stripe, Mark III blue stripe

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For Sale

narad

Reaction score
Many colis for sale!

370605467_546973380887406_7603059377330506928_n.jpg

Price-wise, asking:
$6200 for the IIB
$3400 for the no-stripe
$3400 for the blue-stripe

These are prices without tubes, and shipping worldwide is about $380. I ship the headshells and chassis separately, and have just ordered custom boxes for each. The reason I don't like to ship with tubes is that it really puts me in a spot when someone receives an amp and says they want an extra pair of tubes. I really have no way to verify, and there's no visual indication, and there's nothing at fault in the packing really, either. It is possible also to work something out with tubes but I think maybe it's easier to just discount the price from the usual going rate.

I have a huge collection of amps, and there are a few things I'd like to try out. If you have something interesting feel free to hit me up (would likely need to be metal oriented). I could possibly take delivery from within the US as well (though I'm currently in Japan).

Drool. I love it.
I'd like to add a no/black and the purple stripe coli.
Do you know what pre-amp board is in the IIB and are you willing to share the K number? I heard one of the Brad Whitford hardwood coli's went to Japan and I'm wondering if that is it (K121?)

Drool. I love it.
Do you know what pre-amp board is in the IIB and are you willing to share the K number? I heard one of the Brad Whitford hardwood coli's went to Japan and I'm wondering if that is it (K121?)

You bet -- it's that one. It was an A board but I had Mike B redo the whole pre-amp section to 9C spec (+ the loop mod on top).

Thank you for the heads up. I bet that's better than a kick r/night in the n/ruts and you gotta love the original hardwood.

I have 2 coli's right about that time frame, one with SP-8B and another with RP-8C. I was wondering if that Aero-coli was 8C or 9A. Very cool. And that amp has been bounced around some continents even after Brad's world tours.

Last edited:
Thank you for the heads up. I bet that's better than a kick r/night in the n/ruts and you gotta love the original hardwood.

I have 2 coli's right about that time frame, one with SP-8B and another with RP-8C. I was wondering if that Aero-coli was 8C or 9A. Very cool. And that amp has been bounced around some continents even after Brad's word tours.

Wow, nice. Yea, there seems to be a lot of variance. I've heard pretty high gain 9As and I was hoping this was going to be one, but in its original state it was definitely more a classic rock only type of amp (beautiful clean as well). I think Mike probably doubled if not tripled the amount of gain available :D

Drool. I love it.
Blue stripe is the best or green. No stripe I bought for 800.00. Purple stripe isn't worth owning....

Blue stripe is the best or green. No stripe I bought for 800.00. Purple stripe isn't worth owning....
I have a blue coli. It's a fun amp even if you don't play thrash.
I'd like it if one of those not worth owning purple's finds its way into my stables and I'm counting on an opinion like yours to ease the cost of ownership.
There is no green coli standard from the factory but a blue with a pentode switch gets you there.

Nice collection, a bit out of my price range, though. I do have a long head blue stripe. It's plenty loud enough for me. For metal there's nothing better.

Back